Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Criterion Press Release: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,555 posts

Posted January 14 2011 - 11:20 PM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 OFFLINE   Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D

Screenwriter

• 2,688 posts

Posted January 15 2011 - 01:00 PM

Looks like it's time to upgrade another Criterion title in my collection. Posted Image

Recently watched- Die Hard 2: Die Harder, Die Hard, Up 3D, The Grandmaster, Edge Of Tomorrow 3D, The Comedy Of Terrors, The Raven(1963), Mulholland Falls, Saturn 3, Cheers: Season 6, Nosferatu: The Vampyre, Battle Beyond The Stars, Invasion Of The Body Snatchers(1978), Ransom, Dragonheart, Tomb Of Ligeia

Currently watching- Planet Earth, True Blood: Season 2, Gatchaman: The Complete Series, The Equalizer: Season 2, Tales From The Crypt: Season 2, WKRP In Cincinnati: Season 1, Arrow: Season 2, Star Trek: Season 1

"Now I have a machinegun.  HO-HO-HO"

#3 of 6 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,954 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted January 15 2011 - 01:57 PM

not to take away from this film, but now i have something running in the back of my mind, racing along, Universal has already released this on Blu, and now it's getting the criterion treatment, does that mean that there is hope of a possible Criterion release of Spartacus, on Blu, or more Gilliam (Brazil) hint, hint

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#4 of 6 OFFLINE   Charles Smith

Charles Smith

Producer

• 4,262 posts
  • LocationNor'east

Posted January 15 2011 - 02:33 PM

Nice thought there.

This release happened, by the way, because after all these years of procrastinating and enjoying the occasional use of a friend's copy, I finally bought the Criterion DVD set just a few months back.  You can all thank me.

#5 of 6 OFFLINE   dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,954 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted January 16 2011 - 09:21 AM

i like that train of thought, Charles, just with the rumored Kubrick Blu  in the works, was looking for a sign of hope,  and like i said i hope this means Brazil will be on its way as well

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#6 of 6 OFFLINE   Jari

Jari

Stunt Coordinator

• 95 posts

Posted January 19 2011 - 07:07 AM

Nice. Hope they don't use the same DTS track from their dvd-release. That track was missing a lot of stuff and sfx (like sound of beer cans, pissing in toilet...). Universal blu-ray didn't have any problems as far as I know.