-

Photo
- - - - -

"the wall": remastered? which CD is best to buy?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter

• 1,156 posts

Posted January 14 2011 - 05:06 AM

I just listened to Pink Floyd's "The Wall" on CD for the first time in a long time. I might have the original Columbia 2-CD issue, I don't know. But it sounded like crap. Muddy and thick.

And so I went and did a search for remastered CDs of it... and I can't figure out if there has been a remaster, or even which pressing of this CD I should be listening to! I don't want to pay hundreds for the gold CDs, and I am purely SDCD, not SA or DVD-A.

I can't believe that there's no better CD pressing of this album from such a sonically important band!

Can you help me by telling me (linking me to) which CD I need to buy to get the best possible rendition of "The Wall"?

Thanks for your help!

M Cohen

ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted January 14 2011 - 12:40 PM

If you can find it, the OOP Mobile Fidelity version but it's pricey:

http://shop.ebay.com...w=the wall mfsl

If it's out of your range (I can completely understand this), you may wanna try the 1994 remaster.  Never heard it but here's what Amazon says:

http://www.amazon.co...95057539&sr=1-1

"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted January 14 2011 - 01:13 PM

I

"Music is a magic carpet loaded with oils and other soothing potions, it's just what you need when you don't know what you need, when you've got more questions than answers." - Bob Lefsetz

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted January 14 2011 - 01:14 PM

totally

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted January 14 2011 - 01:15 PM

suck! Posted Image

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Micah Cohen

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter

• 1,156 posts

Posted January 18 2011 - 12:49 AM

I don't think you suck.

MC

ultramicah@yahoo.com

"There's nothing funny about a clown in the moonlight." - Lon Chaney

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Ron Reda

Ron Reda

Screenwriter

• 2,281 posts

Posted January 18 2011 - 03:06 AM

Originally Posted by Micah Cohen 

I don't think you suck.

MC

At mis-posting 3 times I do! Posted Image