Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Sci Fi 2011

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Kazz

Kazz

Stunt Coordinator

• 73 posts

Posted January 11 2011 - 05:41 AM

As some may know, Sci Fi will be pretty big in the theaters, with alien themed films coming out like:

Battle For Los Angeles

Paul

Cowboys Vs. Aliens

Attack The Block

But what about awesome Sci Fi TV?  What are you guys looking forward to in 2011?

What springs to mind for me is TNT's upcoming Falling Skies, which takes the premise of an alien invasion and serializes it in an episodic format(Darkhorse is also doing a webcomic for the series).

the series will storyboard the harrowing events of an alien invasion, which places Tom Mason, and his three sons, Hal, Ben and Matt in a struggle to survive as they fight back against the aliens.
After the attack, the aliens kidnap Ben. Tom joins 2nd Mass to help find his son, a group of soldiers and civilians struggling against the occupying alien force.

I found out a bit about this series at work as I work for a marketing company that is doing some of the campaigning for TNT's upcoming series. The videos I have seen for it are interesting, one of which can be found on fanbolt's site:

http://www.fanbolt.c...eadline/10275/F ... 7_Released

I think it looks very fun

What about you guys, name what you are looking forward to for sci fi in 2011.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Steve Berger

Steve Berger

Supporting Actor

• 962 posts

Posted January 11 2011 - 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kazz 

But what about awesome Sci Fi TV?  What are you guys looking forward to in 2011?

Nothing I've heard of. I prefer "Space Opera" myself; which is set in ......wait for it.......Outer Space.

At least "Falling Skies" appears to use aliens that look like aliens. I particularly hate aliens on Earth that look "just like us" !

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   spshultz

spshultz

Second Unit

• 308 posts

Posted January 11 2011 - 10:55 AM

The new Torchwood premieres on STARZ in July sometime.  I guess that's kind of Sci Fi.

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   Kevin Hewell

Kevin Hewell

Screenwriter

• 1,985 posts

Posted January 13 2011 - 05:57 AM

Isn't Spielberg's series "Terra Nova" supposed to premiere this year?

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,479 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 13 2011 - 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Kevin Hewell 

Isn't Spielberg's series "Terra Nova" supposed to premiere this year?

I saw that the pilot is going to be on in May and presumably the series would start airing in the fall.