Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

connect wii to denon avr 1709 amp

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   bobhell

bobhell

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 04:26 PM

I am using my wii as a netflix player.  I want to connect it to my denon 1709 amp.  I connected it using component cables to input 3 - vcr.  I assigned comp 3 to vcr using the setup option.  I am using HDMI to connect to my Hitachi 55" Plasms TV. I  get sounbd but no video signal.  What am I doing wrong?

Thankyou

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   bobhell

bobhell

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 10 2011 - 02:13 AM

Do I need to connect component video cables direct to tv?  I turned on the conversion in setup, will this amp convert component to hdmi?

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   Brian McHale

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor

• 511 posts

Posted January 10 2011 - 05:47 AM

I also run a Wii through a Denon AVR (don't remember model number). There should be no problem with running the component cables to the receiver, then HDMI to TV. That's what I do and it works great. I would suspect that something about your assignment setup in the Denon isn't quite right (the Denon menus are not the most implicit I've ever seen).

Brian

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   bobhell

bobhell

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 11 2011 - 08:34 AM

Hi Brian - thanks for the reply - apparantly I have an early Denon model that does not up convert analog to digital.  I think I have to buy a Wii2HDMI adaptor and then use a HDMI cable.

Thanks again.

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   Brian McHale

Brian McHale

Supporting Actor

• 511 posts

Posted January 12 2011 - 03:36 AM

You're right, your model won't convert analog video to HDMI. That Wii2HDMI looks like a good solution.

Brian