What's new

Peggy Sue Got Married (1986) (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Not sure if this film is admired by many. It happen to be playing this afternoon on TV and I caught a glimpse of it.

I had not seen this in several years. I had to dig up the DVD copy I have! Good thing, I do have it as it's got both widescreen and 1:33 versions, so I don't have to watch it cropped! Looks like the DVD is OOP for the widescreen version.

I wanted to just post because it reminded me of how much I liked this movie. It's got a great script and a score by John Barry that I liked so much I bought the CD back in the day. It's romantic, yet also evokes so much emotion of sadness and loss.

Kathleen Turner does a wonderful job in the lead. And it's great to see the other actors who were up and coming at the time. You really believe Turner in the role. Its great fun to watch Cage too He was really acting!

I guess it's a great fantasy film that's got a lot of heart and humor and some commentary about doing one's life over again. I even remember Roger Ebert's review when it aired back in '86 and how he felt Turner really sold it. IIRC.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
It's a favorite of mine also.

Many reasons; a mirror scene with a double (i.e. no mirror), Leon Ames' last film, a 1958 Impala.

The director has a few other good films I believe.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I totally forgot about this movie. For better or worse, my DVD collection has been gathering dust lately as I have been watching a lot of BD. I am going to have to dust it off and give this a spin again.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks