Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Peggy Sue Got Married (1986)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,042 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 10:24 AM

Not sure if this film is admired by many. It happen to be playing this afternoon on TV and I caught a glimpse of it.

I had not seen this in several years. I had to dig up the DVD copy I have! Good thing, I do have it as it's got both widescreen and 1:33 versions, so I don't have to watch it cropped! Looks like the DVD is OOP for the widescreen version.

I wanted to just post because it reminded me of how much I liked this movie. It's got a great script and a score by John Barry that I liked so much I bought the CD back in the day. It's romantic, yet also evokes so much emotion of sadness and loss.

Kathleen Turner does a wonderful job in the lead. And it's great to see the other actors who were up and coming at the time. You really believe Turner in the role. Its great fun to watch Cage too  He was really acting!

I guess it's a great fantasy film that's got a lot of heart and humor and some commentary about doing one's life over again. I even remember Roger Ebert's review when it aired back in '86 and how he felt Turner really sold it. IIRC.

#2 of 3 Henry Gale

Henry Gale

Producer

• 4,633 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 03:51 PM

It's a favorite of mine also.

Many reasons; a mirror scene with a double (i.e. no mirror), Leon Ames' last film, a 1958 Impala.

The director has a few other good films I believe.

"I was born to ramble, born to rove
Some men are searchin for the Holy Grail
But there ain't nothin sweeter 
Than riden' the rails."
-Tom Waits-

#3 of 3 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,600 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 09 2011 - 04:11 PM

I totally forgot about this movie.  For better or worse, my DVD collection has been gathering dust lately as I have been watching a lot of BD.  I am going to have to dust it off and give this a spin again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users