What's new

Passed the PE exam (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I will now be a licensed Mechanical Professional Engineer in the state of California. Quite a sense of accomplishment and relief.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Congrats! I didn't pursue a PE, but I do remember that entire day of testing for the EIT (did pass that one).

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Congrats, Robert! That's a nice payoff for a lot of hard work.

Watch out for people wanting you to "sanctify" their documents with your signature without proper review.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Congratulations! I completely second Brian's comment as well, so start coming up with your "Dear Abbey" response now.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Brian and Adam! I was discussing that issue with my wife. Anything that gets my stamp will be scrutinized very carefully. In fact, I remember looking at a document at work that had been submitted by a consulting firm with an engineer's stamp on it. The document contained an error, and the engineer admitted he was unaware of it (ie he hadn't looked at the page in question). Very embarrassing for him, and a violation of professional ethics. I worked too hard for this to let such a thing happen to me.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Congrats! I remember senior year in college when all my EE and ME and ChemE and CivE friends were talking about and stressing about the PE. I looked into it bit it's not relevant or oriented to my specialty of Optics. You've made a great professional achievement. I hope it brings further professional success.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Hehe...I must say, I know much more about Mechanical Engineering now than I did coming out of school.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Congrats Robert. I remember setting through 2 days of testing for my RN. It is always a huge relief when all that you have worked for comes together. And

the sense of accomplishment never goes away.

Hehe...I must say, I know much more about Mechanical Engineering now than I did coming out of school.

I got a better understanding of what I learned in the class room too as I could apply it toward actual practice. When they are talking about it is one thing

but when you can actually see it in action that is another thing altogether.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Parker. I still have a feeling of euphoria. My supervisor, who is a long time PE, tells me that my real engineering education begins with attaining the PE. He also warns me about the professional responsibilities I now have.

One of the interesting things I discovered in taking the exam compared to college was the big difference in the units that are used. My college textbooks liked to emphasize SI units. The PE exam emphasizes English units.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Congratulations, Robert!

Exams have always been more rusty than necessity and logic would dictate.

Cees

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Originally Posted by RobertR

One of the interesting things I discovered in taking the exam compared to college was the big difference in the units that are used. My college textbooks liked to emphasize SI units. The PE exam emphasizes English units.

"The metric system is the tool of the devil! My car gets 40 rods to the hogshead and that's the way I like it!" - Grandpa Simpson

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks