Photo
- - - - -

TCFHE Press Release: Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
313 replies to this topic

#1 of 314 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,283 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 07:42 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

THE FORCE IS STRONG WITH THIS ONE

Posted Image

THE MOST ANTICIPATED BLU-RAY RELEASE IN THE GALAXY
IS NOW AVAILABLE FOR WORLDWIDE PRE-ORDER STARTING TODAY

LAS VEGAS (Jan. 6, 2011) – The most anticipated Blu-ray release ever – the Star Wars™ Saga – emerges from light speed this September 2011. For the first time, all six of George Lucas’ epic films (Episodes I-VI) are united in one complete set. Fans worldwide are able to pre-order now with online retailers.

Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment will release Star Wars in three distinct sets to meet the needs of every Star Wars fan:

-     Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray (9-disc Set includes all six films)
    -     Star Wars: Prequel Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes I-III)
    -     Star Wars: Original Blu-ray Trilogy (3-disc set includes Episodes IV-VI)

STAR WARS: THE COMPLETE SAGA ON BLU-RAY will feature all six live-action Star Wars feature films utilizing the highest possible picture and audio presentation, along with three additional discs and more than 30 hours of extensive special features including never-before-seen deleted and alternate scenes, an exploration of the exclusive Star Wars archives, and much more.

Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray will be available for $139.99 US/$179.99 CAN and the Star Wars: Trilogy Sets for $69.99 US/89.99 CAN. Pricing for each set will vary by international territory.

Flanked by a legion of his finest Imperial Stormtroopers, Darth Vader himself joined Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment President Mike Dunn at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) to announce the release, vowing “The forces of the Empire will be at your disposal to assure the success of this endeavor.’’

“The Star Wars Saga is the most anticipated Blu-ray collection since the launch of the high-def format,” Dunn said. “The epic franchise pioneered sound and visual presentation in theaters and is perfectly suited to do it again in the home, with a viewing experience only possible with Blu-ray.”

“With all six episodes available for the first time in one collection, this is a great way for families and home audiences to experience the complete Saga from start to finish,” said Doug Yates, Vice President of Marketing, Online, Distribution, Lucasfilm Ltd. “And with the quality of high-definition, Blu-ray provides the most immersive home experience possible.”

“The Star Wars franchise has been one of the most anticipated Blu-ray releases by Amazon’s customers,” said Bill Carr, Vice President of Music and Video at Amazon. “We think that Star Wars will be incredibly popular with our customers, and we expect pre-orders to be very strong.”

ABOUT TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX HOME ENTERTANMENT
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, LLC (TCFHE) is a recognized global industry leader and a subsidiary of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, a News Corporation company. Representing 75 years of innovative and award-winning filmmaking from Twentieth Century Fox, TCFHE is the worldwide marketing, sales and distribution company for all Fox film and television programming, acquisitions and original productions on DVD, Blu-ray Disc Digital Copy, Video On Demand and Digital Download. The company also releases all products globally for MGM Home Entertainment. Each year TCFHE introduces hundreds of new and newly enhanced products, which it services to retail outlets from mass merchants and warehouse clubs to specialty stores and e-commerce throughout the world.
Lucasfilm, STAR WARS™ and related properties are trademarks and/or copyrights, in the United States and other countries, of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. TM & © Lucasfilm Ltd.  All rights reserved.  All other trademarks and trade names are properties of their respective owners. 

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 314 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,283 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 08:04 AM

Please support HTF and preorder your copy by

clicking on the appropriate Amazon link above.

Thank You all!

Ronald J Epstein

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#3 of 314 Aaron Silverman

Aaron Silverman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 9,261 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted January 06 2011 - 08:12 AM

EDIT:  Travis, you were not the first to point out my brain fart. Posted Image  Perhaps sooner then. . .

I'll be happy to -- next Black Friday when the full set is under $100 (yes, I'm just assuming).  Sucks that we have to buy the prequels to get the extras.

Unless those 30 hours of extras include 6 hours of the Original theatrical cuts. . .

EDIT #2: Saga ordered; HTF supported!

"How wonderful it will be to have a leader unburdened by the twin horrors of knowledge and experience." -- Mr. Wick

#4 of 314 TravisR

TravisR

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 20,715 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted January 06 2011 - 08:14 AM

^ The current price on Amazon is $90.

#5 of 314 John Stell

John Stell

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 08:28 AM

I just preordered the Saga using the link, Ron.  Thanks for posting - and it will be interesting to see how the price fluctuates over the next 9 months.

"...you would not understand...You do not...have...daughters."

#6 of 314 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,283 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 08:43 AM

Been awfully busy on this end since posting the announcement

so glad to finally get back in here to offer comment.

I think it's rather unbelievable to get all 6 of these films for $90.

As much as I dislike the prequels (and will probably never watch

them again) I still think it's worth owning the entire collection

together in one set along with the first three films.

Congrats to Fox in advance of what I think is going to be a huge

seller for them.  Star Wars fans rejoice!

Ronald J Epstein

#7 of 314 Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man

• 12,055 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted January 06 2011 - 08:48 AM

Now the hard part is having to wait until until September for it to be released.

I am hoping, but doubt that it will happen, that the original trilogy set will contain the original version as an option to chose from

along with the special edition version with all the added in CGI.

Thanks for posting this Ron.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#8 of 314 dana martin

dana martin

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,780 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted January 06 2011 - 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by John Stell 

I just preordered the Saga using the link, Ron.  Thanks for posting - and it will be interesting to see how the price fluctuates over the next 9 months.

same thing here

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#9 of 314 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,283 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 09:18 AM

It has already been debunked that the original version of the

original trilogy will be made available on this set.

Ronald J Epstein

#10 of 314 Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 9,449 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 09:57 AM

Original Trilogy for me (too bad about the lack of OOT). But hey I do have to give props that LFL isn't making me buy the PT in the same bundle. I'll have to see a breakdown of the exclusive "extras" for the Saga, but it would take an awful lot for me to buy it due to my feelings on the PT.

If they include Plinkett's reviews, I'll entertain buying The Saga. Posted Image

#11 of 314 oscar_merkx

oscar_merkx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 7,632 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 10:43 AM

Count me in for the 9 disc set.

Gotta hand it to LFL for giving everyone a choice which set you want to purchase.

Toastmasters International

Communication is Everything

#12 of 314 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Advanced Member

• 2,442 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 11:10 AM

Link clicked. Complete collection pre-ordered. Thanks, Ron!
"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#13 of 314 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,283 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 11:14 AM

Here's an interesting question for all of you...

Anyone considering the purchase of the complete

saga, do you see any possible benefit for buying

the two trilogy sets instead?

Think for a moment.  You get a separate blue and

red box set, both priced at $45 Amazon each equaling

the price of the one complete saga.

Personally, I don't see any benefits offhand, but perhaps

some may opt to purchase both as individual boxed sets

to have something extra on their shelves.

I am surprised LucasFilms didn't include any extra

carrots to lure people to purchasing the entire saga over

the individual sets....

....I don't even know what kind of extras will be included.

The press release is awfully vague about any supplements.

Ronald J Epstein

#14 of 314 Joe Fisher

Joe Fisher

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein 

Here's an interesting question for all of you...

Anyone considering the purchase of the complete

saga, do you see any possible benefit for buying

the two trilogy sets instead?

Think for a moment.  You get a separate blue and

red box set, both priced at $45 Amazon each equaling

the price of the one complete saga.

Personally, I don't see any benefits offhand, but perhaps

some may opt to purchase both as individual boxed sets

to have something extra on their shelves.

I am surprised LucasFilms didn't include any extra

carrots to lure people to purchasing the entire saga over

the individual sets....

....I don't even know what kind of extras will be included.

The press release is awfully vague about any supplements.

The way I see it so far Ron is with the complete Saga you get 9 discs. 6 discs for the Movies and 3 discs of extras (Assumed). With the seperate Pre and Original trilogy box sets you get 3 discs per set which total 6 discs. So my thinking is the extras get dropped for the 3 discs box sets.

The only benefit I see is the Complete Saga will have the extras (assumed).

Just my 2 cents.

#15 of 314 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Advanced Member

• 37,283 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 11:35 AM

Joe,

That makes complete sense and I didn't consider

that in my initial question.

I suppose other than providing us with cover art

there is still pending decisions as to what extras

will be included, but as you pointed out, I would

bet a carrot would be offered in buying the whole

shebang.

Ronald J Epstein

#16 of 314 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Advanced Member

• 14,399 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 06 2011 - 12:11 PM

Here are some pics from the event:

Mike Dunn (Fox Home Video)tells Vader that Star Wars is finally coming to Blu-ray:

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Darth Vader tells Mike Dunn that he is actually his father:

Darth Vader sends in the Stormtroopers to get a copy of Avatar on 3D Blu-ray for him

Here is the trailer for the Blu-ray release:

#17 of 314 Will_B

Will_B

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,733 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 12:35 PM

I'll wait until they announce the "Leia hairbun collectible packaging", which would be like hairbun earmuffs, with half the discs in one bun and half in the other.

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#18 of 314 AlexCosmo

AlexCosmo

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 01:19 PM

Saw the word "Original" in the press release and got excited for a second. Oh well. At least Indiana Jones will be worth buying.

#19 of 314 Michael Osadciw

Michael Osadciw

Advanced Member

• 1,325 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Will_B 

I'll wait until they announce the "Leia hairbun collectible packaging", which would be like hairbun earmuffs, with half the discs in one bun and half in the other.

HA HAH HAH HAH...love it!

Pre-order placed - supported HTF!

Warner Bros. Blu-ray Reviewer
Anchor Bay/Starz Entertainment Blu-ray Reviewer

THX/ISF Professional Video Calibrator
HIGHEST FIDELITY CALIBRATIONS

#20 of 314 Ron-P

Ron-P

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 02:13 PM

Plenty of time so I see no reason to pre-order this soon. Plus, I want to wait for the reviews on PQ and SQ.

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users