Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests to win things like this Logitech Harmony Ultimate Remote and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Anchor Bay Press Release: The Walking Dead (Blu-ray/DVD)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 of 6 Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 38,944 posts

Posted January 05 2011 - 12:03 PM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/ http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

THE BEST NEW SHOW ON TV

– ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY

ANCHOR BAY ENTERTAINMENT RELEASES

“THE WALKING DEAD:

The Complete First Season”

ON DVD AND BLU-RAY™

MARCH 8, 2011

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Beverly Hills, CA – Take a walk on the undead side, as the groundbreaking, genre-bending AMC® original series “THE WALKING DEAD” rises again when Anchor Bay Entertainment releases the Blu-ray and DVD of the hit show that wowed both critics and audiences. The SRP for the March 8 release is $49.99 for the Blu-ray, and $39.98 for the DVD. Pre-book is February 9th. Both the THE WALKING DEAD: The Complete First Season” Blu-ray and DVD contain all 6 episodes of the first season on a 2-disc set and are packed with special behind-the-scenes featurettes and insightful extra footage.

Nominated for a Golden Globe® for Best Television Series - Drama, “THE WALKING DEAD: The Complete First Season” breathes new life into the zombie genre as it unfolds a post-apocalyptic saga that follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes (Andrew Lincoln, Love Actually), who searches for a safe haven and, hopefully, a new home, far from the undead that now roam the earth hungry for human flesh.  Each episode explores the challenges of life in a world overrun by zombies, and the toll it takes on the survivors who now find themselves going to extremes just to see another day. In this horrific world gone mad, each turn brings new surprises and dangers, as the survivors try to regain some semblance of a normal life.

THE WALKING DEAD” is based on the popular Image Comics’ comic book written by Robert Kirkman. The series premiered on AMC Fearfest Halloween night and immediately became the most watched drama series in cable’s history among Adults 18-49 with 3.5 million viewers. It also gained a following among critics (from People toVanity Fair) who have hailed it as one of the best new series of the year.

DVD and Blu-ray™ bonus features include:

Featurettes:

• The Making of THE WALKING DEAD
  • Inside THE WALKING DEAD: Episode 1-6
  • A Sneak Peek with Robert Kirkman
  • Behind The Scenes Zombie Make-Up Tips
  • Convention Panel With Producers
  • THE WALKING DEAD Trailer
Extra Footage:

• Zombie School
  • Bicycle Girl
  • On Set With Robert Kirkman
  • Hanging With Steven Yeun
  • Inside Dale’s RV
  • On Set With Andrew Lincoln
About Anchor Bay Entertainment

Anchor Bay Entertainment is the home entertainment division of Starz Media, LLC. It includes the Anchor Bay Films and Manga Entertainment brands. It distributes feature films, children’s entertainment, fitness, TV series, documentaries, anime and other filmed entertainment on DVD and Blu-ray™ formats.  It is the exclusive distributor in the U.S.of the theatrical titles from Overture Films.  Headquartered in Beverly Hills, CA, Anchor Bay Entertainment has offices in Troy, MI, as well as Canada, the United Kingdom andAustralia.  Starz Media (www.starzmedia.com) is a controlled subsidiary of Liberty Media Corporation attributed to the Liberty Capital Group.

About AMC

AMC reigns as the only cable network in history to ever win the Emmy® Award for Outstanding Drama Series three years in a row, as well as the Golden Globe® Award for Best Television Series - Drama for three consecutive years.  Whether commemorating favorite films from every genre and decade or creating acclaimed original programming, the AMC experience is an uncompromising celebration of great stories.  AMC's original stories include Mad Men, Breaking BadThe Walking Dead and The Killing. AMC further demonstrates its commitment to the art of storytelling with curated movie franchises like AMC Hollywood Icon and AMC Complete Collection.  Available in more than 96 million homes (Source: Nielsen Media Research), AMC is owned and operated by Rainbow Media Holdings LLC, and its sister networks include IFC, Sundance Channel, WE tv and Wedding Central.  AMC is available across all platforms, including on-air, online, on demand and mobile.  AMC: Story Matters HereSM.

# # #

“THE WALKING DEAD: The Complete First Season” Blu-ray

Street Date:                  March 8, 2011

Pre-book:                     February 9, 2011

Cat. #:                          BD22647

UPC:                            0 1313 22647 9-0

Run Time:                     292 Minutes

Rating:                          Not Rated

SRP:                            $49.99

Format:                        Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1) 1080p

Audio:                          Dolby TrueHD 5.1

Subtitles:                       English and Spanish

“THE WALKING DEAD: The Complete First Season” DVD

Street Date:                  March 8, 2011

Pre-book:                     February 9, 2011

Cat. #:                          DV22646

UPC:                            0 1313 22646 9-1

Run Time:                     292 Minutes

Rating:                          Not Rated

SRP:                            $39.98

Format:                        Anamorphic Widescreen (1.78:1)

Audio:                          Dolby Digital 5.1

Subtitles:                       English and Spanish

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

gallery_269895_23_10043.jpg Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders gallery_269895_23_1316.jpg Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

gallery_269895_23_773.jpg Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive gallery_269895_23_992.jpgClick Here for our complete DVD review archive

gallery_269895_23_7246.jpg Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule gallery_269895_23_3120.jpg Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 6 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,639 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 06 2011 - 05:37 AM

I finally watched this off my DVR over the holidays.  I enjoyed it enough to be picking it up on BD, but didn't think it lived up to the hype.

#3 of 6 gruagach

gruagach

Stunt Coordinator

• 84 posts

Posted February 23 2011 - 07:48 AM

I thought it was a bit dear for only six episodes. Then Amazon gave me $5 off my next order due to a screw up. Now it looks more reasonable.

#4 of 6 Neil Middlemiss

Neil Middlemiss

Screenwriter

• 2,542 posts

Posted March 03 2011 - 01:21 PM

Just $22.99 at Amazon right now...

"Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure Science" – Edwin Hubble
My DVD Collection

#5 of 6 cineMANIAC

cineMANIAC

Screenwriter

• 1,825 posts
  • LocationNew York City

Posted March 04 2011 - 08:49 AM

$23 is OK - anything more would be unreasonable...it's only 6 episodes. I spotted an early copy that was going for $43 (!) Crazy.

#6 of 6 Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,639 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted March 05 2011 - 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Luisito34 

$23 is OK - anything more would be unreasonable...it's only 6 episodes. I spotted an early copy that was going for $43 (!) Crazy.

$23 is a great price.  I'm not sure if 6 episodes is a fair justification.  I would consider it to be a 5 hour miniseries as the production value is high for TV.  Not saying its worth $43, but I'd think its still a good value around $30.  Having said that I'm jumping on it at $23 Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users