-

Photo
- - - - -

Optoma HD65: Replaced lamp, still not working, please help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 Jared0029

Jared0029

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted January 03 2011 - 12:19 PM

I have an optoma hd65 projector. A while ago, the projector would not boot up anymore, the fans run, the green light blinks, and about 30 seconds later, the lamp led light will turn solid red and stay that way. I purchased a new bulb, installed it today, and the same exact thing happens. Can anyone please help me???

I cleaned out all of the vents which were not very dusty. Also, previously I had been using the original power cord. I couldn't find that one and used a computer power cord. Could that have anything to do with it?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

#2 of 7 Gregg Loewen

Gregg Loewen

Producer

• 6,323 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted January 05 2011 - 11:16 AM

send for service ??

(sorry I cant be of more assistance)

good luck!

The Sonodome - circa 2001
The Newest Sonotube - circa 2001
Gregg's DVDs updated...sometimes
Lion Audio Video Consultants usually current

#3 of 7 Rolyat Atellas

Rolyat Atellas

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted May 14 2011 - 09:11 AM

damnit, the same thing just happened to me..... I'm not very happy at the moment, did you ever find a solution?  I thought that it might have been the the outside case that you have to screw in, activates a little switch, but i tested that and that is not the case.... I'm starting to lose patience.  Please let me know if you find out anything =(

#4 of 7 mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted May 14 2011 - 09:23 AM

Most of the time (I've seen this twice) the overheat causes the bulb to go and you lose the "transmission board" they called it.  I sent on in to optoma and got it fixed reasonable.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#5 of 7 jennigirly

jennigirly

Extra

• 21 posts

Posted May 16 2011 - 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Jared0029 

I have an optoma hd65 projector. A while ago, the projector would not boot up anymore, the fans run, the green light blinks, and about 30 seconds later, the lamp led light will turn solid red and stay that way. I purchased a new bulb, installed it today, and the same exact thing happens. Can anyone please help me???

I cleaned out all of the vents which were not very dusty. Also, previously I had been using the original power cord. I couldn't find that one and used a computer power cord. Could that have anything to do with it?

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you.

The problem is the lamp driver. Replace the lamp driver, and the projector will work well.

#6 of 7 ludoguada

ludoguada

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 02 2011 - 04:21 AM

Hi All, Did you fix this issue? My HD80 wont turn on as well after that my bulb died and then have been replaced. When starting the device everything looks normal, fans run normally, except the bulb will not turn on. After 1 minute, the projector will shut down with a solid red lamp light. Is it a power issue?? thanks in advance

#7 of 7 erasers

erasers

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted April 26 2012 - 12:54 PM

my projector was flashing on the screen constantly. i replaced the bulb and it didnt fix the problem. NOW i am having the same problem with it running the fans and then shutting down with the red "lamp" light on. how did you solve this? :confused: