What's new

Marilyn Monroe on blu-ray (1 Viewer)

flagbrothers

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Perry
Will we ever get "The Seven Year Itch", "How to Mary a Millionaire", "Bus Stop", "Niagara ", "River of No Return" on blu-ray? What's the hold up!!!!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Originally Posted by Powell&Pressburger
I could have sworn How To Marry a Millionaire was being worked on for a Blu release but that news was heard about 1.5 yrs back.
I had heard The Seven Year Itch about 1.5 years ago but we haven't gotten that either.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Marilyn Monroe is a hot property for Fox. I am quite sure we will see her movies on Blu. The dvds themselves look great on my blu player. The restoration Fox did on Something's Got to Give was wonderful. I also heard the rumors too.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i was thinking of two MGM titles that could go either way MGM/Fox release or the deal with Criterion, Some Like It Hot, and The Misfits both would be welcome treats.

Bradley-E

Screenwriter
There has been rumor of How To Marry a Millionaire and Seven Year Itch for a while. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes has also shown up as a Blu ray release. I'm kind of wondering if Fox is waiting until 2012 to release a box set on the 50th Aniv of her death.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
OK, I corrected the title for you.

And I also wonder ... wouldn't any Marilyn film be really asking / shouting for a 3-D treatment if in BD?
3-D enthusiasts (and addicts! ), where are you?

Cees

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARILYN. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now why has fox limited only 2 films for HD???????????

Help Fox i need a Marilyn Monroe HD fix for all her films!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've been reading rumors for at least a couple of years that The Seven Year Itch was coming, but that wouldn't be my first choice. At this point, though, I'd be pleased with just about anything.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
While Gentlemen is my number 1 request, I'm hoping for Niagra, 7 Year and the underated Don't Bother to Knock.

I would also like whoever owns Ladies of the Chorus to give it a full restoration and BluRay release. I had this on VHS and found the film to be wonderful.
I don't believe it even got a DVD release.

ajabrams

Second Unit
Real Name
Alan Abrams
I'd love to see Warners do a BD of "The Prince and the Showgirl." Beautiful sets and costumes and Marilyn looked really gorgeous in it.

Peter Rohlfs

Second Unit
Real Name
Peter Rohlfs
Matt,
It seems these days who made the movie and who has the rights are often 2 different things. But I do believe Ladies was Columbia.

Alan,
Prince and the Showgirl would always be welcome.

Peter

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I want The Seven Year Itch, Niagara and Gentleman of course. I was hoping we would get a Fox package deal with the restored Somethings Got to Give in blu-ray. I thought Columbia too for Ladies. I wonder if that would Sony Pictures?? I also would like Fox to restore "Marliyn" the 1963 movie made after her death with clips from all her Fox Films. I have a copy from our local Chicago Station taped on VHS back in the early 80s. I think it has been in the vault since.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I watched the Misfits Somethings Got to Give Niagara and Some Like it Hot this weekend. Niagara sure would be beautiful in HD. River of No Return would be another picture which would look fantastic in HD.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
lots of great titles already in this thread, but here are two more, not really her as the star, but as a support that show how she could light up the screen even in a small role, O'Henry's Full House and The Asphalt Jungle, i think that this is going to be more of the way another Icon Bogart is getting realease, on a few here or there.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
We still have not heard any news about Marilyn in BD. I will be watching 7 year Itch tonight and up convert on my player does make the movie look good. I also saw in my local Borders which is going out of business Some Like IT Hot 50th year. Marked down but still too expensive for me

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
Mark Collins said:
We still have not heard any news about Marilyn in BD. I will be watching 7 year Itch tonight and up convert on my player does make the movie look good. I also saw in my local Borders which is going out of business Some Like IT Hot 50th year. Marked down but still too expensive for me
I just received Some Like It Hot on Blu today.
$15.99 from Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks