• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 Kazz

Kazz

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted January 03 2011 - 06:12 AM

Anyone looking forward to the season 6 finale on Home Theater Forum?

I have been a fan of Kyra Sedgwick and the LAPD Priority Homicide Division since season 2 and recently the marketing company I work for picked up the campaigning for the 6th season of the Drama from TNT.

In the past, I have never been a huge fan of police drama, but this show has become one of my favorites on the air right now. I figured this would be a good space to discuss what's been happening this season and tonight's season finale.

For those that missed the boat on the series, thus far its about Kyra Sedgewicks character Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson and her team of detectives which make up the LAPDs Priority Homicide Division. The show is set, as one might guess, in L.A. and it deals with aspects of Los Angeles crime and culture in each episode.

For those that haven't seen much of the show and wanna check out more about it here's the site:

http://www.tnt.tv/series/closer/

#2 of 5 David Norman

David Norman

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,916 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted January 03 2011 - 02:37 PM

I love The Closer, but didn't realize tonight was the Finale.   It'll be on the DVR for later anyway.    I'm not much for standard Network TV shows, but this is one I've watched since nearly the beginning. 

No more Medium after this year, no more Closer, no more Saving Grace, no more Caprica, Criminal Minds is likely on its last legs (or did I dream that somewhere).   Dexter and Weeds are on hiatus.

What the hell else is left on my Season Passes -- House and Bones.   Man that's sad.   I guess Californication is returning soon so at least that'll give me 3 current series.

#3 of 5 James_Kiang

James_Kiang

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted January 04 2011 - 04:25 AM

Last night was just the season finale of The Closer.  It has one more season which, if they follow their usual pattern, will probably start airing in late summer.

#4 of 5 Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member

• PipPipPip
  • 4,775 posts
  • LocationCentral Arkansas

Posted July 08 2011 - 09:05 AM

I'm anticipating the new season of The Closer and watched an episode from 2008 called "Controlled Burn." According to IMDB is was the second appearance for a character, Bill Croelick. Bill is the kind of guy you desperately want to go down. [SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]He does not get caught in this episode and tells Brenda he's leaving and she won't see him again. According to IMDB this was his last appearance in the series. If you're going to have a recurring villain, come on, you gotta take him down.[/SPOILER] I wonder if they have plans for him in the final season?
Johnny
www.teamfurr.org
But a family cat is not replaceable like a wornout coat or a set of tires. Each new kitten becomes its own cat, and none is repeated. I am four cats old, measuring out my life in friends that have succeeded but not replaced one another.--Irving Townsend

#5 of 5 Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Advanced Member

• 9,909 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted July 08 2011 - 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Angell 

I'm anticipating the new season of The Closer and watched an episode from 2008 called "Controlled Burn." According to IMDB is was the second appearance for a character, Bill Croelick. Bill is the kind of guy you desperately want to go down.

He does not get caught in this episode and tells Brenda he's leaving and she won't see him again. According to IMDB this was his last appearance in the series. If you're going to have a recurring villain, come on, you gotta take him down.

I wonder if they have plans for him in the final season?

I believe he's (the actor Jason O'Mara) occupied with a new series premiering this fall.

His two episodes were both among the series' greatest. His first one in season one was an electrifying one, the one which finally brought Andy Flynn onto Brenda's side for good and all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users