-

Photo
- - - - -

Dear IMAGE ENTERTAINMENT: A proposal for a Twilight Zone Season 5 supplement...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 Dick

Dick

Producer

• 4,106 posts

Posted January 02 2011 - 09:53 AM

AN OCCURRANCE AT OWL CREEK BRIDGE was originally a French short derived from a 19th century Ambrose Bierce Civil War story. Rod Serling deemed it to be perfect for inclusion in the 5th and final season of TZ, the only time he used a film not shot for the series, and we are fortunate it was salvaged this way for video rrelease (it appears nowhere else on video except in R-2, as an expensive stand-alone, and has garnered terrible buyer reviews for awful picture quality).

But, of course, the film as adapted for TZ has the usual introduction by Serling, fade-ins and fade-outs that had not been intended by filmmaker Robert Enrico in 1962, and altered credits. It won an Oscar in 1963. It is a mesmerizing film, and I for one would be joyous to have the complete, uninterrupted, unexpurgated original short available as an extra on the upcoming Blu-ray TZ volume 5 set.

#2 of 3 dana martin

dana martin

Screenwriter

• 1,883 posts
  • LocationNorfolk, VA

Posted January 02 2011 - 10:47 AM

outstanding , just outstanding, love this idea, we get the time elememt as a bonus on one, this would be a perfect cap to finish it up, by the way havent seen the original since high school, and that was, long ,long ago 

Playing at the Drive In

Quote:Welles, Kubrick, Hitchcock, Spielberg, Jackson, Wood ?? a true Auteur should be one who follows his artistic vision

#3 of 3 Craig Beam

Craig Beam

Screenwriter

• 1,686 posts

Posted January 02 2011 - 10:54 AM

The original uncut version is available on DVD in Region 2 (see here), which I have.  I'd welcome its inclusion on the Season 5 blu-ray.