-

Photo
- - - - -

problem with input sound

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 alcs

alcs

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 30 2010 - 02:55 PM

hello everyone, i just bought a coby dvd home theater 600 watts, the problem is that when i plug the computer to the input it only sounds 2 speaker out of five, the subwoofer does not sound neither... help me please

#2 of 7 mikeabt

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted December 30 2010 - 03:05 PM

What happens when you play a DVD?  Do you get sound from all speakers?

Are you sure that the computer source is 5.1 discrete?  If the source was stereo on the computer, then you will receive a 2-channel output?

Also, you probably need to check to make sure that the receiver of the system is switched to multi-channel play-back.

#3 of 7 alcs

alcs

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 30 2010 - 03:16 PM

hello, when i play dvd os cd music works on all speakers but after i pluged the computer the cd  music now works on 2 speakers!

#4 of 7 mikeabt

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted December 30 2010 - 04:36 PM

My guess is that when you select the input that coincides with the computer that is limiting the processing to only a 2-channel format.  Don't know Coby stuff, but I think that if you assign the input appropriately, you can get multi-channel playback.

Look into the Coby manual to see about assignment of input's.

I just looked at page 27 of your manual - it looks like you can play a 5 channel playback by toggling the A-mode button on the remote during playback.  Are you sending a two plug red/white from the computer or do you have a digital coax connecting your computer to the system? Make sure you are setting properly here as well - look at the source selection on page 24.

One thing about the CD music playing, if you are not playing SACD's (multi-channel encoded, hi-fidelity discs) then you are contributing only a 2-channel feed that is being processed as a "5 channel stereo" type output. You are not getting discrete sound like you get on a digital discrete multi-channel source with DVD's. Both DVD and CD's go through the default settings since the device is on board the receiver.

#5 of 7 alcs

alcs

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 10:05 AM

hello and thanksthe a-mode button resolved the problem cds and dvds are in 5 channel , but the computer stills working in 2 channel.. im using an white and red cable to the  hometheater and to the is green

#6 of 7 mikeabt

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted January 10 2011 - 02:31 PM

The fact that this is an "outside source", not the on-board DVD or CD.  I assume that is why you will need to go through page 24 to make sure that the incoming signal is able to process in.  The fact that this source is 2-channel, may preclude it form 5-channel playback.

After you follow the instructions on P. 24, then toggle the A-mode button on the remote.

If this does not produce a 5-channel output, I would suggest contacting the support group at Coby.

Good Luck.

#7 of 7 alcs

alcs

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 11 2011 - 11:11 AM

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP