Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Panasonic Blue Ray and My Linksys Wireless router don't talk

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
4 replies to this topic

#1 of 5 OFFLINE   Markistroubled

Markistroubled

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 30 2010 - 09:24 AM

I have a panasonic DMP-BD85P-K blue ray player, and a Linksys Wireless-G 2.4GZ Router. They do not talk to each other. Mind you I have another blue ray connected in the master bedroom and it works perfectly (magnavox). I attempted to change the location of the Panasonic to the master bedroom to see if location was the problem, but still no connection. After following the on screen intructions and searching for a access point many many times, the device detects the router. It will not however connect with it.

Help I want to see netflix on my TV.

Markistroubled.

#2 of 5 OFFLINE   Parker Clack

Parker Clack

Executive Producer

• 12,120 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted December 30 2010 - 09:54 AM

How are you connecting the Blu-ray player? Wirelessly through a wireless access point? Direct connection via Cat-5?  Are you wanting to use the Blu-ray player to stream Netflix to your monitor in your living room?

I am not sure how you have everything hooked up with the Panasonic and why you need for it to go through a router to get to your TV in your living room vs. just plugging it into the set.

"I tried to get my medical records from the company but they say they

are confidential and can only be released to other insurance companies,

pharmaceutical​ reps, suppliers of medical equipment and for some

reason the RNC."

#3 of 5 OFFLINE   JackKay

JackKay

Second Unit

• 461 posts

Posted December 31 2010 - 02:47 AM

I had problems just like you so I went to the AVS fourms that has a dedicated thread to the Panny 85 here:

http://www.avsforum....d.php?t=1230391  (80 pages)

One person wrote this:

Make sure you specify whether or not the router is using TKIP or AES encryption, not just the encryption key. Most devices seem to just automatically determine this, but for some reason the BD85 has to have this selected properly. That was a hangup for me for a few attempts.

Another wrote this:

I got the wireless working last night. I guess Tim asked the correct question when he asked if my router was WEP. I was thinking it was set correctly but wasn't. Once I changed it from WEP to the correct one, WPS, and added an encryption password. The wireless immediately worked with a full 5 bars of signal strength.

"I believe in censorship. After all, I made a fortune out of it." -Mae West

#4 of 5 OFFLINE   elwaylite

elwaylite

Stunt Coordinator

• 165 posts

Posted January 04 2011 - 01:06 PM

I have a BD85 and the wep/wpa tripped me up. Make sure all of your settings in the player match your router config. Their implentation is a bit of a PITA.

Video: TC-P65GT30 / UD5007
Audio: Marantz SR6005 / Klipsch RF-82 II (2) / Klipsch RC-62 II / VTF-15H

#5 of 5 OFFLINE   n1direct

n1direct

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 11:05 PM

I think you can find solution by visiting number1direct.com it will provide all types of electrical hardware and Discount Appliances