What's new

Are Yamaha RXV1900 series receivers 3D ready? (1 Viewer)

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
It seems like a good idea to get a receiver that is 3D ready. It appears to me the the Yamaha RXV series is NOT 3D ready, but their RXA series is. Is that correct? I was really liking the 1900 until this notion struck me. So, do I need to strike the 1900 off of my short list?

Nick

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
I changed the title in this thread because I discovered after a little more research that the 667 and 1065 do have HDMI 1.4

However, I am most interested in the 1900 and cannot find anywhere if the HDMI is 1.4

Anyone know for sure?

Thanks,

Nick

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I don't think it does. It, along with the 3900, Z-7 and Z-11 are really last years models. The fact that no mention of 3-D is found on Yamaha's home page for those receivers is pretty good proof that they don't support 3-D. 3-D is the buzz word this year. Stick with a model that clearly states 3-D is supported. If it is supported then it will be mentioned front and center. You won't have to look for it.

The 367 also fails to mention 3-D on the Overview page. I'm sure it dosen't support it either.

winniw

Second Unit
Real Name
Nick Reed
Thanks Gene, I'm sure you are correct. If a feature like that is not mentioned up front, then it doesn't have it. Well, there are lots of other options.

goodguyed

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Guy
My Samsung BD-C6900 3-D Blu-Ray player connects through my RX-V1900 via HDMI 1.3 to my Samsung 3-D TV. 3-D works like a charm!

goodguyed

Auditioning
Real Name
Ed Guy
... well, let me revise my earlier statement. I was able to watch exactly one 3D Blu-ray disc through my Rx-V1900. I recently bought Avatar in 3D and my Blu-ray wouldn't even attempt to play the disc while connected through the 1900. I had to connect HDMI directly to the TV and live with stereo sound. **sigh**. Looks like I either need to by a better Blu-ray player (I absolutely hate my Samsung BD-C6900!) or upgrade my receiver. Hmmm. Panasonic Blu-ray player, $150. RX-A2020, $1600. Tough choice. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks