What's new

The Fall Guy - Will they be releasing Season two? (1 Viewer)

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
Anyone hear more news on the Fall Guy movie?
http://www.deadline.com/2011/10/martin-campbell-eyeing-the-fall-guy/
It's been a long time since Season 1 came out on DVD in region 1
and the UK has season 2, but no signs of the 3rd season. Maybe the
tie in with a feature film would spark up some interest.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Sigh,
not a whisper.
I'm thinking smaller companies like Shout Factory, Timeless Media, etc. should handle any, and all vintage television shows on dvd. It's pretty clear that the big studios never make enough profit to satisfy them with older tv titles. They should just farm them out and be done with it.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
The geniuses at Fox put out Season 1 and Season 1 Volume 1&2. I remember reading the complete season set sold well, the 2 volume sets didn't. Who knows what their reasoning is for no more sets. I too wish they'd let a smaller studio release what's left. But I quit holding my breath on this one years ago.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
^ Agree (Fox). It's a shame too, as they have many items in the vault.
Fall Guy: I've been holding off on getting that S2R2 set to see about an R1 release but I might go ahead and get that set soon.

younger1968

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
paul young
Jeff Willis said:
^ Agree (Fox). It's a shame too, as they have many items in the vault.
Fall Guy: I've been holding off on getting that S2R2 set to see about an R1 release but I might go ahead and get that set soon.
yeah, i am disappointed that more Fall guy was not releases, especially Markie Post was in S2.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I am almost finished with season 1 and have the region 2 season 2. I guess after that I'll go an "alternate" route.

derosa

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Grant
cajunhillbilly said:
I am almost finished with season 1 and have the region 2 season 2.
How noticeable are the music substitutions?
Do you know if it's the same in season 2 (in region2)

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
The scene with Paul Williams in the pilot has music substitutions, and it is very noticeable. First off, his credit was removed by Fox, secondly, the majority of that scene was cut, third, his face was blurred, and finally, the song he was singing has been replaced by generic music.
I don't believe for a moment that Fox tried so hard to get the rights to Patsy Cline's "Crazy" (the song he was originally singing) but couldn't. Anyone who believes that is full of it.

Classic44

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tom
You would think after Time Life released the Six Million Dollar Man box set last year, Fox would have seen the opening to put out the complete Fall Guy series to capitalize on the renewed interest in Lee Majors. *Sigh*... I know... Makes too much sense...

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Classic44 said:
You would think after Time Life released the Six Million Dollar Man box set last year, Fox would have seen the opening to put out the complete Fall Guy series to capitalize on the renewed interest in Lee Majors. *Sigh*... I know... Makes too much sense...
sbskzk.jpg
I'd be in for this one if it happens. I'm guessing that the old "music clearance" issue would be a problem for this series' continued release.

vnisanian2001

Supporting Actor
I wish Fox would license this series to Shout. But knowing how ignorant and arrogant Mike Dunn is, I'm not holding my breath on this one.

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
Classic44 said:
A chance missed, yes. Another Majors show we need to see come out somehow is Owen Marshall, Counselor At Law. Since it's Universal it has a couple of chances at least, I think Timeless would be an ideal company for it. Perhaps it's considered too big a title for them I'm not sure, or Shout could do it too they've done a few other law shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks