Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

TV series should be finished in 2011?

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 of 10 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 906 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 01:13 AM

Dear Guys:

What tv series do you REALLY wish would have their DVD runs finished in 2011? There's a part of me, that really wishes some series would be further along their releases than where they are?

I guess Fugitive would be finished. Hawaii 5-0 by the end of the year.

Really wish Bonanza would be on their fourth season-- that's when they moved into their more humorous stories, and Gunsmoke I wish they were on the color episodes by now.

Ah... we can hypothise, can't we?

James

#2 of 10 OFFLINE   Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 358 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 05:14 AM

Rhoda S5 Designing Women S5, 6 and 7 All In the Family S9 Facts of Life S6, 7, 8 and 9 Vegas S2v2 Since Shout! is working on the first four, I do believe there's hope for at least three of them.

#3 of 10 OFFLINE   ToddR2

ToddR2

Stunt Coordinator

• 151 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 07:11 AM

Have Gun, Will Travel. CBS should finish it up in 2011. I'd love to see Route 66 finished, but I have no idea what Infinity and Roxbury have planned (if anything).

#4 of 10 OFFLINE   JamesSmith

JamesSmith

Supporting Actor

• 906 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 07:40 AM

There's a strange part of me that thinks that once some "other" series finish their DVD runs, that the studios might consider some less known, almost forgotten cult titles.  That maybe Maverick comes out, WB might think about putting out the Young Maverick. That as more scifi series come out on, fans will clamor for other shows that haven't been seen in years like the Starman series, Welcome to Paradox, Mission Genesis, and Captain Power and the Soldiers of the Future.

I did forget Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, will be finished by next month.

James

#5 of 10 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted December 27 2010 - 09:06 AM

the fugitive

#6 of 10 OFFLINE   davidmathew

davidmathew

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted December 28 2010 - 08:19 AM

my wish list: charlie's angels season 5 jem season 3 pt.2 melrose place seasons 6 & 7 Sigmund and the Seamonsters 2 and as many more as we could get of Maude, Mary Hartman , Facts of Life and Falcon Crest

#7 of 10 OFFLINE   Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino

Second Unit

• 346 posts

Posted December 28 2010 - 08:47 AM

Mannix-Season 5 Matt Houston-Season 2 Vega$-Season 2-Volume 2 Cannon-Season 3 Jake and the Fatman-Season 3 Streets of San Francisco-Season 3 Barnaby Jones-Season 2 Hart to Hart-Season3 Police Woman-Season 2 Scarecrow and Ms King-Season 3

#8 of 10 OFFLINE   nikkif99uk

nikkif99uk

Supporting Actor

• 985 posts

Posted December 28 2010 - 10:19 AM

would be nice to get Adam-12 - Season 6&7 Adventures of Pete & Pete - Season 3 Airwolf finished All in the Family - Season 8 coming so hopefully get Season 9 too Amazing Stories - Season 2 American Dreams - Season 2&3 American Family - Season 2 Andy Milonakis Show - Season 3 Baa Baa Black Sheep - Vol 3 Beyond Reality - Season 2 Boomtown - Season 2 Bob Newhart Show - Seasons 5&6 Missing - Seasons 1&3 Once & Again - Season 3

#9 of 10 OFFLINE   Mark-P

Mark-P

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts
  • LocationCamas, WA

Posted December 28 2010 - 10:21 AM

As far as Gunsmoke, I think there is a good chance that the half-hour B&Ws (seasons 1-6) will all make it out to DVD. Gunsmoke has always been broken into 3 separate shows that have always been distributed as separate entities in the television market: Half-hour B&Ws, hour-long B&Ws (season 7-11) and hour-long color (seasons 12-20) I have very little hope that seasons 7-20 will ever make it out on pressed DVDs, but... perhaps Paramount will join the burn-on-demand revolution and release them that way.

Originally Posted by JamesSmith 

...and Gunsmoke I wish they were on the color episodes by now.

James

#10 of 10 OFFLINE   benbess

benbess

Screenwriter

• 1,924 posts

Posted December 28 2010 - 02:01 PM

Isn't there a possibility that Timeless might pick up the slack at some point?

Originally Posted by Mark-P 

As far as Gunsmoke, I think there is a good chance that the half-hour B&Ws (seasons 1-6) will all make it out to DVD. Gunsmoke has always been broken into 3 separate shows that have always been distributed as separate entities in the television market: Half-hour B&Ws, hour-long B&Ws (season 7-11) and hour-long color (seasons 12-20) I have very little hope that seasons 7-20 will ever make it out on pressed DVDs, but... perhaps Paramount will join the burn-on-demand revolution and release them that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesSmith 

...and Gunsmoke I wish they were on the color episodes by now.

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Forum Nav Content I Follow