-

Photo
- - - - -

Epson Powerlite Home 10+ LCD Burn In? HELP!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   hockeypluck

hockeypluck

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 04:46 AM

Hey everyone!

New to the thread and unfortunately not too excited about a recent problem I have been having with my Epson Powerlite Home 10+. It seems like there is a problem with my lcd panels as there is a giant (covers about 80% of the screen) "oval like" blotch being projected over my image. You can still view everything its just that the color is very tinted within this region. I talked to tech support and they said it is a problem with the lcd panels and I have searched the web for replacements and don't even know if they exist? I was wondering if anyone has ANY advice for me or if possible..is it possible for me to open up the projector and take a look at the panels myself? Thank you everyone in advance and I look forward to hearing from you!!!

-Todd

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted December 23 2010 - 09:03 AM

I think the panels would have to be replaced, and it's probably not worth it.

Did they tell you to send it in for an estimate?

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   hockeypluck

hockeypluck

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 05:22 PM

THank you for such a quick reply and no, when i talked to a service rep they told me the closest epson service shop and said to go there and they will fix it.  I unfortunately haven't gone and I feel as though it would be a waste for me to drive 1 hour for a person to tell me to get a new projector.  haha thank you very much!