Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Little Fockers - quick review

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

#1 of 7 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,895 posts

Posted December 22 2010 - 11:04 AM

While this film did not have the greatest script, nor much to offer in the clever department, viewed as a farce, it plays a little better. It did make me laugh at the contrived situations, so I can't say I detested like many other "snobby" reviewers, but if you just need some comfort food in the form of movies over the holidays, a matinee showing of "Little Fockers" won't sour your mood, and might even give you a few laughs.

I give it 2.5 stars, or a grade of C+.

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#2 of 7 OFFLINE   AllTheRage

AllTheRage

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 01:08 AM

That's what I would expect from this movie. I did enjoy the first two movies, Meet The Parents & Meet The Fockers quite a bit so I'll have to see this one regardless. Good to know it's worth a few laughs at least.

#3 of 7 OFFLINE   WillG

WillG

Producer

• 5,232 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 01:02 PM

so I can't say I detested like many other "snobby" reviewers,

In all fairness, it's currently running at a mere 10% at rottentomatoes. So, I'm sure many of the negative assessments are somewhat accurate.

I'm a fan of the original. But, I thought the second one was terrible. Seems like the writers just sat around thinking of ways they could make the sequel more wacky and the situations more outrageous and just kept throwing shit at the wall to see if it stuck.

STOP HIM! He's supposed to die!

#4 of 7 OFFLINE   Malcolm R

Malcolm R

Executive Producer

• 11,682 posts
  • LocationVermont

Posted December 23 2010 - 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by WillG 

I'm a fan of the original. But, I thought the second one was terrible. Seems like the writers just sat around thinking of ways they could make the sequel more wacky and the situations more outrageous and just kept throwing shit at the wall to see if it stuck.

That pretty much describes the third, as well. A couple of laughs, but they're definitely out of material.

Only about a dozen people in the theater, too, so it may not play as well as expected.

The purpose of an education is to replace an empty mind with an open mind.

#5 of 7 OFFLINE   Brent M

Brent M

Producer

• 4,486 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 02:30 PM

I really liked Meet the Parents, but by the time I got done with Meet the Fockers I was ready for a cyanide capsule. I can't even imagine sitting through Little Fockers as it would surely drive me over the edge. It just looks utterly awful.

"If you're good at something, never do it for free."

#6 of 7 OFFLINE   Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa

Producer

• 5,287 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 02:38 PM

It was Ok, I liked the first better as it was a bit more rude, it's been tamed down a little, still the cast sells this one, its an ok Little comedy

My DVD Collection

The Megaplex

#7 of 7 OFFLINE   Colin Jacobson

Colin Jacobson

Producer

• 5,263 posts

Posted December 27 2010 - 11:49 AM

Why is it if someone doesn't like lowest-common-denominator "entertainment", they're called "snobs"?

Haven't seen "Little F", but thought "Meet the F" was one of the worst, least funny comedies ever made.  Guess I'm a snob because I don't find great humor in the sight of a baby saying "a--hole" approximately 37 times...Posted Image

Colin Jacobson
http://www.dvdmg.com