What's new

Panasonic Ae4000u issue? (2 Viewers)

nplink

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam
I just bought a new Panasonic Ae4000u projector and was wondering if anyone has ever had this issue before. When I try to align my screen I get black horizontal bars on the right side of the screen top and bottom about 1/2" while the left side of the screen is filled in. It appears as though the right side of the screen is slightly smaller than the left. There does not seem to be an adjustment for this unless you zoom the picture to fill in the black areas on the top and bottom right side. Basically it is not a straight line across the top or bottom with test screen or video on the screen. Is it normal to have to zoom in to fill it in or is there something seriously wrong with the projector?

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by nplink

I just bought a new Panasonic Ae4000u projector and was wondering if anyone has ever had this issue before. When I try to align my screen I get black horizontal bars on the right side of the screen top and bottom about 1/2" while the left side of the screen is filled in. It appears as though the right side of the screen is slightly smaller than the left. There does not seem to be an adjustment for this unless you zoom the picture to fill in the black areas on the top and bottom right side. Basically it is not a straight line across the top or bottom with test screen or video on the screen. Is it normal to have to zoom in to fill it in or is there something seriously wrong with the projector?

Did you use a fair amount of horizontal and verticle lens shift? Is your mount centered with the screen? Is this your first PJ or did you just upgrade from something else? Sometimes depending on where the projector is installed or how much lens shift you have to use the image isn't using the sweet spot on the lens and can get some distortion. Sometimes zooming in is the only way to hide it if it bothers you. Depending on your installation it could be fairly normal.

nplink

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam
I tried the H and V lens shift but know that it is cutting off some of the left side of the screen if I shift the right side up to fill it in. The projector is 13 ft back ceiling mounted and cannot be more than a 1/2' off from the center. This is my first projector. The picture appears to be straight from the left side to the center of the screen and then as it moves from the center to the the right it appears to slowly move inward from the frame. As I said it is inward about a 1/2" on top and 1/2" on bottom horizontal totaling 1" missing on the right side. I'm thinking the projector is messed up. Do you think the 1/2' off center 13ft back would cause that much of an image issue. Why is it only on the right side of the screen that seems to shrink. The projector is placed maybe 1/2' or less to the left side of the screen.

nplink

Auditioning
Real Name
Sam
I figured it out. This is my first projector so it is a learning curve. My projector was slightly to the left of the screen and it was slightly turned to the left with the lens shift way to the right. That amount of shift caused the screen to shrink somewhat and have the black bars on the right side of the screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks