What's new

60" Sony Bravia ex700 (1 Viewer)

kihon

Grip
Real Name
Tony
I just bought my 60" Sony Bravia ex700 yesterday. Love it.

I have a question though. It seems a little dim(I returned this tv here at Costco) for the Sony 60". It seemed a little dim, so I re-ran the setup and put it on DEMO mode. WOW what a difference. Much better.

Question, why would I not want to leave it this way?

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
Demo mode sounds like something they use in the showroom(Way too bright). The contrast is probably jacked way up.

Get yourself a calibratioin disc and set it properly.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
definitely NOT demo mode.

this mode is meant for on floor show room DEMONSTRATIONS. Any settings you make to the display will not remain in memory as the TV will reset itself every 10 minutes.

you will most likely have to consult the user manual to get it out of this mode.

kihon

Grip
Real Name
Tony
I know how to get it out of this mode, it's just in the menu. It's just that it looked very dim compared to the Vizio I had(and no it wasn't in demo mode either). I make some more adjustments and I think it's good. By the way, I have the DVE Digital Video Essentials Blueray HD basics. I tried to use it, but it's pretty difficult to use.

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
there is an auto sensor in the menu system, to sense ambient room light. Also ensure that this setting is off.

the Sony should be able to burn out your eyes from light output.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks