What's new

Treated myself to a Nintendo Wii for Christmas !!! (1 Viewer)

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
With my Christmas bonus from work,I treated myself to a Nintendo Wii. Its the red limited edition. It comes with a copy of new super mario bros, Wii sports, remote controller, nunchuck thingie. It also has classic donkey kong preinstalled on the console. Also bought super mario all stars. I think Im going to buy the classic controller just for the mario all stars. I cant get used to playing it with the remote.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
You bought your own without waiting to see if Santa had one for you? I recommend the Super Mario Galaxy games.

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Originally Posted by Greg_S_H

You bought your own without waiting to see if Santa had one for you? I recommend the Super Mario Galaxy games.

Are the galaxy games harder than the new super mario bros for wii ?

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I think they're a little more complicated. I don't know your level of skill, but my sister loves the sidescrolling games (especially SMB2), but I wouldn't even get her the Galaxy games. Maybe I'm underestimating her, but I'm a pretty decent player and I find it difficult from time to time. They did try to make Galaxy 2 more accessible.

Here are a couple of threads that probably have opinions about this, and hopefully others will chime in:

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/264929/super-mario-galaxy-rulez

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/forum/thread/300780/super-mario-galaxy-2

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 are excellent games, but getting everything completed in both is extremely tough.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Xenia Stathakopoulou

Thanks Greg !! Ill give them a rent to try them out.

That's an excellent idea. I never rent, so I wouldn't have thought of it. No reason to waste money on a purchase if you might hate it, but you might love it.

Users who are viewing this thread