-

Photo
- - - - -

HDTV: High Performance for Low Budget?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   g croft

g croft

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 13 2010 - 03:39 AM

Hi folks!

I'm new to the forum and have been browsing threads to gather some information.  I'm planning to upgrade my TV soon (I have a Hitatchi Ultravision widescreen projection right now) with something capable of HD.  I plan to be using this primarily for Blu ray (I don't have digital cable/satellite, and I don't have much desire for either as I don't watch a lot of TV).

I'm new to this, and there seems to be a lot of options available.  The only things I have pretty much decided is I would like to go with a 50" Plasma, and I would like to keep the price at around $1000.00.  I will also need to upgrade my home theater receiver and I'll need a stand for the TV, so I can't go too far away from this budget.

So, my question is, what are some of my best options in terms of quality and performance in this price range?  Are there particular features that I should either be specifically looking for or that are not necessary?  I realize my questions are probably a matter of opinion, but I would appreciate any opinions offered.  Thanks very much in advance!