What's new

Compare Samsung to Samsung (1 Viewer)

Rodney01

Auditioning
Real Name
Rodney
I am trying to find out what the main difference in between the Samsung PN63C8000 to the Samsung PN63C7000.I have looked at Cnet and online and I can't find any major difference except color.One is black and the other one is gray. So if anyone knows what it is please tell me.Thanks

Jason Charlton

Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason Charlton
For product comparisons, always start at the manufacturer's website.

Here's the full list of TVs. Sort by size, then select the 7000 and 8000 models in the 63" size. Here's what I found:

- The color difference, as you noted

- The 8000 series has a higher dynamic contrast ratio (7,000,000:1) than the 7000 series (5,000,000:1)

- The 7000 series has 15 watt speakers, compared to the 8000's 10w speakers

- Inexplicably, while both models weigh the same, the 7000 is over 13 pounds heavier when shipped (must be a VERY heavy box...)

In short, the only item of any consequence is the contrast ratio - and while comparing numbers between different manufacturers is an exercise in futility, the relative numbers between to models by the same manufacturer has the potential for being a bit more meaningful.

Depends on the price premium as to whether the 8000 is worth it to you or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks