Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

HTF TOP 30 MUST OWN 3D TITLES

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1665 replies to this topic

#1661 of 1666 ONLINE   Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg

Screenwriter

• 2,713 posts

Posted December 18 2014 - 12:03 PM

Josh, I've yet to watch Gravity on the projector, this film looks interesting, I hope there's some pop out as well as depth!.

You won't be disappointed when you do. One of the very first things I watched on my projector.

I'm not sure if "The Walk" will have popout, but it is a Robert Zemeckis film, and he did use some popout in his CGI 3D movies so I think if it makes sense to the story and the shot it'll be there.  Those depth shots where you're at the top of the building looking straight down at the city below were so incredibly effective to me.  I'm a little bit afraid of extreme heights and the trailer - on an IMAX screen - had me feeling a little freaked out from the height.  Which is I think exactly what Zemeckis was going for.

Edited by Josh Steinberg, December 18 2014 - 12:03 PM.

• Panman40 likes this

#1662 of 1666 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,318 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 18 2014 - 12:49 PM

I'm a little bit afraid of extreme heights and the trailer - on an IMAX screen - had me feeling a little freaked out from the height.

I just saw it on a standard screen and I almost felt dizzy looking at a couple shots. :)

• Josh Steinberg likes this

#1663 of 1666 OFFLINE   revgen

revgen

Second Unit

• 372 posts

Posted December 18 2014 - 02:03 PM

IMDB says that The Walk is being shot in native 3D using Red Epic Dragon and using Deep Vision 3D 6k.

• Reed Grele and Panman40 like this

#1664 of 1666 OFFLINE   Lou Sytsma

Lou Sytsma

Producer

• 5,351 posts

Posted December 18 2014 - 04:43 PM

One of the best uses I've seen of 3D is the trailer for this film.

https://www.youtube....h?v=eFXsDEB9iS0

Depth off the charts.

That trailer hits me in the gut with my biggest fear.  I could barely watch it. And that's only in 2D.  :3dglasses:

Every man is my superior, in that I may learn from him.

#1665 of 1666 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,071 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted December 18 2014 - 08:36 PM

It was the biggest rush, when on the observation deck of WTC tower 2, to step down onto the steel grating, glass enclosed, see through catwalk and look straight down the side of the building! This trailer brought those memories back. Can't wait to see it in 3D. I really miss those twin towers.

#1666 of 1666 OFFLINE   Reed Grele

Reed Grele

Screenwriter

• 1,071 posts
  • LocationBeacon Falls, CT

Posted December 18 2014 - 09:08 PM

Just watched a really good, native 3D documentary called Polar Bears: Ice Bear.

The subject matter is a little depressing (global warming, starving polar bears) but it's a true story that's well filmed. Great depth and forward projection. Only a few (but impressive) pop out moments.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users