Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

jabberjaw

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 of 20 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted December 12 2010 - 12:30 AM

I see that MOD is releasing more of the classic HB on dvds, which is a good sign. However, it makes me thing what should be next on their list. I was a big fan of jabberjaw and i love to see this one released. Here are some other ones i like to see released

1. Jeannie

2. Herculoids

3. Banana Split

4. Wait till your father gets home S2

5. Roman Holidays

6. Captain Caveman

7. Scooby-doo Movies (maybe they can re-visit this set and offer all the movies)

8. Scooby-doo (remaining five episodes)

I welcome people's thoughts and/or suggestion.

#2 of 20 OFFLINE   Greg Chenoweth

Greg Chenoweth

Supporting Actor

• 696 posts

Posted December 12 2010 - 02:46 AM

I am very surprised that with the new Yogi Bear movie being released that WHV didn't release any of the other Yogi Bear shows on DVD:

• Yogi's Gang
  • Yogi's Treasure Hunt
  • Yo, Yogi!
  • The New Yogi Bear Show
  • Yogi's Space Race (not my favorite)
  • Galaxy Goofups (not my favorite)
These shows, along with the rest of "The Huckleberry Hound Show" should come out on MOD.  They released the three TV films this week: "Yogi's Great Escape", "Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose" and "Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears."

#3 of 20 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts

Posted December 12 2010 - 03:35 AM

I watched the missing episodes from the Scooby Doo movies on youtube,

don't think we'll ever see those shows released because of licensing rights of those characters.

i'd like the Captain Caveman episodes, and the remaining Scooby Doo shows to complete the Laff-a-Lympics cartoon block.

What I still hold out some hope for is one day getting the 4 missing Dyno Mutt dog wonder episodes that weren't included on the Scooby Doo/Dynomutt hour dvds, possibly as some sort of extra on one of the Scooby DVD releases.

What would be really terrific would be for WB to release a combination of the so far unreleased material from the 1977 season

in a set that pulled together the shows in a way that reconstructs the Scooby's All star Laff-a-lympic 2 hour block.

They could use the currently unreleased episodes from these shows:

8 Scooby episodes from 1977,

4 Blue Falcon and Dynomutt shows from 1977 (they are 2 part "cliff hangers" if they want to split them into 8 shows, ok!)

8 more Laff-a-lympics from 1977

16 Captain Caveman episodes from 1977 (these are short 15 minute shows, they could put 2 in each block.)

It's never going to happen, but it would be a great way for WB to pull together a whole lot of unreleased material into a logical

collection of 8 episodes in the format of the original show.

The Scooby's All star laff-a-lympics 2 hour block is a lot more fun than watching the individual shorts cut up and back to back.

It needs variety to make it entertaining, that's what made the original show good back when i was kid.

#4 of 20 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted December 12 2010 - 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by derosa 

I watched the missing episodes from the Scooby Doo movies on youtube,

don't think we'll ever see those shows released because of licensing rights of those characters.

i'd like the Captain Caveman episodes, and the remaining Scooby Doo shows to complete the Laff-a-Lympics cartoon block.

What I still hold out some hope for is one day getting the 4 missing Dyno Mutt dog wonder episodes that weren't included on the Scooby Doo/Dynomutt hour dvds, possibly as some sort of extra on one of the Scooby DVD releases.

What would be really terrific would be for WB to release a combination of the so far unreleased material from the 1977 season

in a set that pulled together the shows in a way that reconstructs the Scooby's All star Laff-a-lympic 2 hour block.

They could use the currently unreleased episodes from these shows:

8 Scooby episodes from 1977,

4 Blue Falcon and Dynomutt shows from 1977 (they are 2 part "cliff hangers" if they want to split them into 8 shows, ok!)

8 more Laff-a-lympics from 1977

16 Captain Caveman episodes from 1977 (these are short 15 minute shows, they could put 2 in each block.)

It's never going to happen, but it would be a great way for WB to pull together a whole lot of unreleased material into a logical

collection of 8 episodes in the format of the original show.

The Scooby's All star laff-a-lympics 2 hour block is a lot more fun than watching the individual shorts cut up and back to back.

It needs variety to make it entertaining, that's what made the original show good back when i was kid.

I agree with you that scooby-doo is not complete unless the missing episodes are released.

SDLA-1 "The Curse of Viking Lake" The Viking Ghosts of Viking Lake Mr. Hansen and the two missing geologists September 10, 1977 When the gang arrives at Viking Lake to see Velma's uncle John, they find him missing as well as encountering the ghosts of ancient vikings.
SDLA-2 "Vampire Bats and Scaredy Cats"1 The Great Skull Island Vampire Uncle Leon September 17, 1977 The gang goes to visit their friend Lisa Banoh at Great Skull Island. But as it is her 18th birthday, she inherits the island's hotel, haunted by a vampire. As they get an unexpected and unwanted visit by a vampire, she finds out she is from a long family line of vampires.
SDLA-3 "Hang in There, Scooby-Doo" The Pterodactyl Ghost John September 24, 1977 On a trip to a hang gliding contest the gang encounters a Pterodactyl ghost who tries to scare everyone away from the cliff. But why?
SDLA-4 "The Chiller Diller Movie Thriller"1, 3 The Ghost of Milo Booth (The Phantom of Dixie) Jim Moss October 1, 1977 Scooby-Doo and Scooby-Dum's cousin Scooby-Dee is remaking a movie originally made by Milo Booth, a great movie director. So the gang must protect her from his ghost, who decides to haunt her from remaking the film.
SDLA-5 "The Spooky Case of the Grand Prix Race"3 The Phantom Racer Ken Rogers October 8, 1977 At the Osbourne Grand Prix Race 1977, a Phantom Racer makes the other drivers disappear when they enter in the fog. As they get deeper into the mystery they find possibly the strangest mystery they have ever seen from the race track to the junkyard. Legend has it of a driver who died by driving off a cliff and they think the Phantom Racer is his ghost. Finding new clues gives them new pieces to the puzzle, so the gang asks Shaggy to race the Phantom Racer and find out what happened to the drivers.
SDLA-6 "The Ozark Witch Switch" The Ghost of the Witch McCoy and The Zombie Aggie Wilkins and Zeke Harkins October 15, 1977 The rivalry from the 1800s between the Hatfields and McCoys continue in the year 1977. The mystery machine breaks down and the gang stays in the Hatfield's cabin. The Hatfields say their long time enemies, are all dead. But the ghost of Old Witch McCoy is out to get them for revenge. Then Old Witch McCoy comes and turns the Hatfields into frogs. While the gang investigates, they encounter a zombie man who is very mysterious.
SDLA-7 "Creepy Cruise"3 The Future Shocker Grady October 22, 1977 While on a cruise ship, the gang meets a professor who created a time machine. While he tests it, everything goes wrong and a Future Shocker creature comes out and scares everyone away and steals the professor's money.
SDLA-8 "The Creepy Heap from the Deep" ² 3

They released the superfriends lost episodes, so, i am surprised scooby-doo did not do something similar with scooby-doo they lost episodes.

#5 of 20 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts

Posted December 12 2010 - 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by younger1968 

They released the superfriends lost episodes, so, i am surprised scooby-doo did not do something similar with scooby-doo they lost episodes.

Those 8 scooby doo episodes will eventually be released on dvd, I'm sure.

They are already available on iTunes, but i'm just waiting to see if WB

does something more interesting with releasing them on DVD, maybe

at the very least including with them the 4 Blue Falcon and Dynomutt episodes.

Superfriends isn't finished either.   That series has been released in the

most non-cronological order of any show I can think of!!  
The "lost" episodes from 1983 were the last of that format, there is still

to be released, the first two seasons of shorts under the "super friends" format

from 1980 and 1981, and of course the the 1979 season of "the worlds greatest superfriends"

http://user1291318.s...guide/id15.html

#6 of 20 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted December 12 2010 - 10:21 AM

Quote:

Those 8 scooby doo episodes will eventually be released on dvd, I'm sure.

They are already available on iTunes, but i'm just waiting to see if WB

does something more interesting with releasing them on DVD, maybe

at the very least including with them the 4 Blue Falcon and Dynomutt episodes.

Superfriends isn't finished either.   That series has been released in the

most non-cronological order of any show I can think of!!  
The "lost" episodes from 1983 were the last of that format, there is still

to be released, the first two seasons of shorts under the "super friends" format

from 1980 and 1981, and of course the the 1979 season of "the worlds greatest superfriends"

http://user1291318.s...guide/id15.html

Thanks for the info!

I agree with you that the remaining episodes will be released. It is just frustrating to why certain show are released and/other shows are not. The realize that the saturday morning cartoons was to gauge interest and that is why MOD is releasing more cartoon series on dvd. The first set had goober & ghost chaser, funky phantom, speed buggy. MOD has released goober and the ghost chaser, funky phantom and josie and the pussycats in outerspace. Speed Buggy is schedule for released in 2011 along with New Adventures of Gilligan.

Jabberjaw is an interesting show along Jeannie have not been on any of the saturday morning cartoon. The saturday morning cartoons also included some double-dipping with shows like hong kong phoey, new adventures of Batman/Robin, new scooby-doo movies, etc. There were some good choices like sealab along the valley of the dinosaurs. I would be very happy if mod plans to open up HB archives to more released.

#7 of 20 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,478 posts

Posted December 13 2010 - 02:13 AM

I'm surprised they didn't release more of these with the movie out especially since they chose to release the bottom of the barrel made for video 90's Yogi movies.

I would definately buy Yogi's Gang and Yogi's Space Race which included Galaxy Goofups but not the later series.

Originally Posted by Greg Chenoweth 

I am very surprised that with the new Yogi Bear movie being released that WHV didn't release any of the other Yogi Bear shows on DVD:

• Yogi's Gang
  • Yogi's Treasure Hunt
  • Yo, Yogi!
  • The New Yogi Bear Show
  • Yogi's Space Race (not my favorite)
  • Galaxy Goofups (not my favorite)
These shows, along with the rest of "The Huckleberry Hound Show" should come out on MOD.  They released the three TV films this week: "Yogi's Great Escape", "Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose" and "Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears."

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#8 of 20 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts

Posted December 13 2010 - 04:42 AM

Jabberjaw is an interesting show along Jeannie have not been on any of the saturday morning cartoon. The saturday morning cartoons also included some double-dipping with shows like hong kong phoey, new adventures of Batman/Robin, new scooby-doo movies, etc. There were some good choices like sealab along the valley of the dinosaurs. I would be very happy if mod plans to open up HB archives to more released.

I bought the saturday morning sets too.  I thought I had heard at least a year ago that the 1968 batman and robin show was coming,

or maybe superboy, but maybe I was mistaken.  It would be really nice if the rest of that 60s era Batman/Superman/Aquaman  adventure hour

stuff made it out on MOD.   But i regret the fact they sliced these shows into the syndicated versions for DVD, instead of the original, as aired

show blocks with all the bumpers.

#9 of 20 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted December 21 2010 - 04:32 AM

Quote:

I bought the saturday morning sets too.  I thought I had heard at least a year ago that the 1968 batman and robin show was coming,

or maybe superboy, but maybe I was mistaken.  It would be really nice if the rest of that 60s era Batman/Superman/Aquaman  adventure hour

stuff made it out on MOD.   But i regret the fact they sliced these shows into the syndicated versions for DVD, instead of the original, as aired

show blocks with all the bumpers.

I remember the WB webinar and it was discussed about superboy along with a few other cartoons. I just remember WB being very vague and kept pushing the 1960 and 1970s cartoons set. I did my part and bought them and now it looks like that MOD is going to be their distribution channel, which if that is the case then that is fine. I am really only interested in the following cartoons

1. Jeannie

2. Jabberjaw

3. Banana Split

4. Speed Buggy

5. Funky Fanthom

6. Herculoids

7. New Adventures of Gilligan

8. Devlin

9. Captain Caveman

10. Partridge Family 2200AD

11. Valley of the dinosaurs

There are other shows that are not part of HB, like Emergency +4. I am more surprised that Herculoids and Valley of the dinosaurs has not been released as a complete package due to the fact that jonny quest and Space Ghost/dino boy was released.

#10 of 20 OFFLINE   davidmathew

davidmathew

Auditioning

• 6 posts

Posted December 22 2010 - 09:12 AM

I have been buying up the MODs in an effort to encourage more releases. I'd love to see ;

1) Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch!

2) Jabberjaw

3) Captain Cavemen

4) Quick Draw McGraw

5) The Banana Splits

#11 of 20 OFFLINE   derosa

derosa

Supporting Actor

• 766 posts

Posted December 22 2010 - 02:42 PM

I think you said before you live in Canada, and I noticed some of the MOD titles have finally become available at amazon.com

so you aren't stuck just with the WB site that won't ship outside of the USA.

I did my part and bought them and now it looks like that MOD is going to be their distribution channel, which if that is the case then that is fine. 

#12 of 20 OFFLINE   Kasey

Kasey

Second Unit

• 287 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 01:38 AM

Since the characters in Jeannie and Partridge 2200 are actually property of Sony/Screen Gems, not sure if WB would be able to release those.

#13 of 20 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 02:39 AM

I think you said before you live in Canada, and I noticed some of the MOD titles have finally become available at amazon.com

so you aren't stuck just with the WB site that won't ship outside of the USA.

Quote:
I did my part and bought them and now it looks like that MOD is going to be their distribution channel, which if that is the case then that is fine. 

I was able to purchased HB sets via alternative means.

#14 of 20 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 03:26 AM

I remember reading something about Partridge Family 2200AD and Jeannie cartoon releases could be an issue due to the fact Sony owns the right. I was just doing some wishful thinking.

My top five releases

1. Jabberjaw

2. Herculoids

3. New Adventures of Gilligan

4. Captain Caveman

5. Valley of the dinosaurs.

#15 of 20 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted January 24 2011 - 03:31 PM

I notice that Jabberjaw appears to be coming out in the next few months. This is another classic cartoon i am so happy that it is being released. This is starting to look good year for HB cartoons. I am wondering what will be next, like Sealab 2020 or Banana Splits or Herculoids or Valley of the Dinosaurs or Roman Hollidays or wait till your father gets home (S2). etc.

#16 of 20 OFFLINE   Regulus

Regulus

Screenwriter

• 2,285 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 12:17 AM

I was able to purchased HB sets via alternative means.

Posted Image

DVD Collection Inventory: TV Episodes - 36,417 :biggrin: ( 757 Series ) :biggrin: Movies - 2,424  :biggrin: Serial Chapters - 1,201 :B)

#17 of 20 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,478 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 03:33 AM

I'm hoping for any of the unreleased 60's Hanna-Barbera this year plus the following:

Yogi's gang

Yogi's Space Race (Complete show with the Galaxy Goof-Up's, etc.)

Captain Caveman

Help! It's the Hair Bear Bunch!

Tom & Jerry/Grape Ape Show

I agree it looks to be a great year for Hanna Barbera. So far they have been releasing one new title every 2 weeks. If they keep this up all year that means 22 more titles that would cover alot of requests and favorites here.

...When you eliminate the impossible whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth

Top 20 Films

#18 of 20 OFFLINE   Towergrove

Towergrove

Supporting Actor

• 794 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 12:15 PM

Wasn't Warner Archive meant to be a repository for ALL the Warner catalog when its all said and done?  I thought I remember them saying that their complete libraries would be available.  I am expecting in the end that all Hanna Barbera will be released.  I would also like to see Jana of the Jungle.  Does anyone know If this series is owned by WB?

Being a female is a matter of birth. Being a woman is a matter of age. But being a lady… Now that's a matter of choice.

#19 of 20 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,366 posts

Posted January 25 2011 - 02:16 PM

It appears Jana of the Jungle is a cartoon produced by Hanna-Barbera. It first aired alongside Godzilla as The Godzilla Power Hour.

So there may be hope that this will be released.

#20 of 20 OFFLINE   Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick

Screenwriter

• 2,478 posts

Posted January 28 2011 - 09:20 AM

Just realise I left off another 70's title I'm looking for:

Inch-High Private Eye - I remember having a lunchbox of this one for a year or two . Probably 2nd -3rd grade.

Top 20 Films

Back to TV on DVD and Blu-ray

Forum Nav Content I Follow