Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Battle Royale

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Jonathan Peterson

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted December 10 2010 - 06:38 AM

I just wanted to give a heads up to anyone interested that Battle Royale will be released this coming Monday in the UK. It will be a three disc set containing both the theatrical and extended versions of the film plus a disc of bonus features. Looks like it will be a very nice package and it is for all regions.

Here is a link to Amazon: http://www.amazon.co...92009624&sr=8-2

A review from DVD Beaver: http://www.dvdbeaver...ale_blu-ray.htm

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   James_Kiang

James_Kiang

Screenwriter

• 1,171 posts

Posted December 13 2010 - 10:51 AM

My copy shipped on Saturday.  Right now it says to expect it in early January but we'll see if it gets here (California) a little faster than that.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Jonathan Peterson

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted December 14 2010 - 06:15 AM

Mine also says it will be delivered in January but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it arrives sooner than that.

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,816 posts
  • LocationLondon, England

Posted December 14 2010 - 06:45 AM

Good film. Would have been nice to get both films in the box set, but it'll do. :)

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

My DVD and Blu-ray Blog

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Jonathan Peterson

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted December 14 2010 - 08:41 AM

Steve, Are you referring to the sequel?

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   Steve Christou

Steve Christou

Long Member

• 14,816 posts

Posted December 14 2010 - 08:44 AM

Yeah, is it included?

Dave hören... auf, wille stoppen sie Dave... stoppen sie Dave... Mein gehirn geht... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin gefühl es... Ich bin ängstlich Dave... Guter Nachmittag. Ich bin ein HAL 9000 computer. Ich wurde funktionsfähig am HAL-Betrieb in Urbana, Illinois auf January 12 1992.

My DVD and Blu-ray Blog

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   Jonathan Peterson

Jonathan Peterson

Second Unit

• 292 posts

Posted December 14 2010 - 08:49 AM

No. I wasn't a fan of it so I am not upset by it not being included. I am glad though that the longer cut is included. I prefer the theatrical version but I do look forward to seeing the longer cut again. I've only seen it once and it's been a few years since I did.

#8 of 8 ONLINE   Will*B

Will*B

Second Unit

• 490 posts

Posted December 15 2010 - 01:50 AM

My set was delivered this morning. First impressions are great; the packaging is pretty spectacular. The picture quality is better than I had expected, especially after seeing the fairly disappointing caps at DVDBeaver. The brightness and contrast levels are fine. As a side note, I also received Arrow's Bay of Blood, which is very impressive as well. Well done Arrow- looking forward to Deep Red, as well as The Beyond and Tenebre next year!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users