What's new

HDTV and Components (1 Viewer)

AnthonyPerez

Auditioning
Real Name
Anthony Perez
Hi Guys,

im new to these, i just bought a 32 inch lcd tv which has 2 HDMI (IN), 1 fiber optic (OUT) for sound, 2 usb slots and rgb slots (IN).

-it can play music, photo and video using usb slots

then

i have a home theatre that can handle 5.1 surround sound. has 1 usb slot and rbg slot. i dont have problem when im playing 5.1 souround movie using this device but

my problem is, i want my external hard drive be connected to the lcd tv, then from the optical out of my tv to my home theatre but it only has rgb (IN),

Questions;

1. are there any possibilities that i can play movie (5.1 surround) from my tv going to home theatre that has only rgb sockets.

2. will the 5.1 surround sound movie from my hard disk connected to lcd via usb going to home theatre will produce 5.1 sound?

thanks

Paul D G

Screenwriter
This should be posted in the hardware section. And you need to include some specifics, like the make and model of your tv.

You shouldn't be able to play anything off a hard drive plugged into the tv unless there's a computer between the two, unless the tv is able to play AVI or MPG for some reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks