Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

HDTV and Components

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   AnthonyPerez

AnthonyPerez

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 09 2010 - 06:31 AM

Hi Guys, im new to these, i just bought a 32 inch lcd tv which has 2 HDMI (IN), 1 fiber optic (OUT) for sound, 2 usb slots and rgb slots (IN). -it can play music, photo and video using usb slots then i have a home theatre that can handle 5.1 surround sound. has 1 usb slot and rbg slot. i dont have problem when im playing 5.1 souround movie using this device but my problem is, i want my external hard drive be connected to the lcd tv, then from the optical out of my tv to  my home theatre but it only has rgb (IN), Questions; 1. are there any possibilities that i can play movie (5.1 surround) from my tv going to home theatre that has only rgb sockets. 2. will the 5.1 surround sound movie  from my hard disk connected to lcd via usb  going to home theatre will produce 5.1 sound? thanks

#2 of 2 OFFLINE   Paul D G

Paul D G

Screenwriter

• 1,662 posts

Posted December 09 2010 - 07:23 PM

This should be posted in the hardware section.  And you need to include some specifics, like the make and model of your tv. You shouldn't be able to play anything off a hard drive plugged into the tv unless there's a computer between the two, unless the tv is able to play AVI or MPG for some reason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users