What's new

newbie to site and having a frustrating problem!! (1 Viewer)

golfproeric

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
Hey guys, Lately my samsung ht-z310 hts is experiencing some sound issues. After about 10-15 minutes of playback on any mode (radio, dvd, xbox) the sound just seems to turn itself down. It then becomes muffled and is barely audible even on max volume. Speaker wires seem fine and all plugged in, I should say it plays at normal volume for those first few minutes also. Thanks for any help.

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
How long:

1) have you had this receiver?

2) how long has this been going on?

3) how long has it been your last change to the system (component added, etc....)?

By the way: do you live in an apartment? Do you have an RF remote? Could someone be close enough to your HT that could be messing with your = long shot, but I thought I would ask.

Just an aside: I knew someone when I was a kid that would walk by motel rooms with the remote from his room and play with other people's settings (change channels or goof with volume) if there was a line of sight available through the window from the outside to the tv. He was always a messed up guy - funny though.

Might there be some infringement on the airflow capacity through the receiver and an overheat problem is causing this?

If this is not caused by recent changes and the airflow is good, you may have a real receiver problem. Is it still under warranty?

Hope this helps

golfproeric

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
had it probably a year or so and it is not under warranty an longer. Noticed the problem about 2 weeks ago for the first time. Also, no i've got the system set up in the basement of my house so there should be no outside interference. I don't think its an overheating problem because i reset the receiver and having done that the sound came back for about ten minutes then proceeded to fade out again... but i could be wrong about it overheating.

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Next time the sound goes lower reach over and put your hand on the receiver to see if it is hotter than "normal operating temperature".

Does this happen several times or just go quiet and stay quiet? My understanding is that the volume stays low after it get there.

Don't know if I can help you. I hope ome of the others can get you some better info.

golfproeric

Auditioning
Real Name
Eric
yes, it stays at that level of volume

next time i'll feel for a temp change when it fades out

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks