Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Lionsgate Press Release: SAW The Final Chapter (Blu-ray and 3D Blu-ray)

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,774 posts

Posted December 06 2010 - 07:29 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

JANUARY 25

SAW The Final Chapter

Game over.  The final chapter of the most popular horror franchise in history comes home as Lionsgate releases the film in a variety of formats for the home viewing audience.  SAW The Final Chapter will be available on Blu-ray Combo Pack (two discs including Blu-ray and DVD - as well as code to download a Digital Copy on iTunes).  The film will also be available as a 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, Digital Download and On Demand January 25th

Fans see the game come full circle with SAW veteran Kevin Greutert (Director, SAW VI; Editor,SAW I-V) at the helm of the bloodiest and deadliest film yet. Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride, SAW) returns as Dr. Gordon, and joins the cast of Tobin Bell (the SAW series), Costas Mandylor (Sinners & Saints), Betsy Russell (Chain Letter) and Sean Patrick Flanery (The Boondock Saints).  Both the Blu-ray Combo Packs and DVD allow audiences inside the film series with director and producer commentary, deleted scenes and music videos.  The Blu-ray versions go further with a special featurette, "52 Ways to Die", recounting the traps from all the SAW films and more. 

In the seventh and final installment, SAW The Final Chapter leaves no question unanswered. As a deadly battle rages over Jigsaw's (Bell) brutal legacy, a group of the killer's survivors gather to seek the support of a self-help guru.  However, fellow survivor Bobby Dagen's (Flanery) dark secrets unleash a whole new wave of terror.

Pricing: Blu-ray Combo Pack - $39.99

Pricing: 3D Blu-ray Combo Pack - $49.99

Pricing: DVD - $29.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted December 06 2010 - 08:07 AM

Aren't 3D Blu-rays backwards compatible for display in 2D on any Blu-ray player or television?  Why are separate 2D and 3D versions being released?  I guess it's so they can charge a premium for the 3D version.  Sad.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 41,774 posts

Posted December 06 2010 - 11:41 AM

People will either spend more to get a Blu-ray combo package that offers 2D and 3D to future-proof their eventual hardware upgrade purchase or spend less just to own the 2D Blu-ray.

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,806 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 06 2010 - 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by cafink 

Why are separate 2D and 3D versions being released?  I guess it's so they can charge a premium for the 3D version.  Sad.

Has there been a 3-D movie that doesn't have separate releases for the 2-D and the 2-D/3-D discs? A $50 MSRP is the norm for new releases.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi

Producer

• 6,001 posts

Posted December 06 2010 - 10:08 PM

Just as an aside, this is the first time I've seen the movie actually labeled THE FINAL CHAPTER... and I don't see how it can be, considering it already has made a lot of money and profit.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   cafink

cafink

Producer

• 3,045 posts

Posted December 07 2010 - 12:51 AM

Google has it listed as "Saw 3D: The Final Chapter" and the poster says "The Final Chapter," though it looks more like a tag line than a sub-title.  According to the movie's Wikipedia article, "an eighth installment was planned, but the decrease in the box office performance for Saw VI compared to previous installments led to Saw 3D being the final planned film in the series, and the plot concept for Saw VIII being incorporated into Saw 3D."

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 22,806 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted December 07 2010 - 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by Joe Karlosi 

Just as an aside, this is the first time I've seen the movie actually labeled THE FINAL CHAPTER... and I don't see how it can be, considering it already has made a lot of money and profit.

The onscreen title was Saw 3D in theaters. Maybe they'll call it Saw: The Final Chapter on DVD and 2-D Blu-ray since it drops the 3-D?

#8 of 8 ONLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 4,943 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted December 07 2010 - 02:12 AM

The BD is only marginally cheaper than a regular Saturday pre-noon showing would have cost here in the Pacific Northwest.  (I'm kidding, of course, but the meaning stands.  I skipped Saw 3D in theaters because it was only playing at the expensive theater.) Looking forward to seeing the movie, since I've seen all the others.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users