-

Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and you won't get the popup ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Receiver to Subwoofer issue Pls Help

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 drzdiplomat401

drzdiplomat401

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted December 02 2010 - 03:52 PM

I have a Samsung HW-C560S AV Receiver, and a Polk Audio Psw10. This is my setup. Hdmi-1 is connected to the output of my receiver. Hdmi-2 is connected to the Ps3 to the input source of my receiver. I bought a Subwoofer cable, and a RCA adapter. I connected my subwoofer to the receiver and i get no sound beside my surround sound itself.

#2 of 3 mikeabt

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator

• 82 posts

Posted December 05 2010 - 04:07 PM

I assume that HDMI - 1 is actually connected to your DVD or Bluray player.  Is that correct?

Have you gone into the receiver's set-up menu to verify that the Subwoofer has been included in the speaker outputs?  Also, I see that there is a subwoofer on/off button on the remote.  Have you toggled that during a time when you are confident that there is a signal going to the Sub?

Also, you may need to go into the DVD or Bluray to make sure that there is a signal out for the sub.

I assume also that when you say RCA adapter that you are using a splitter to take a single sub feed and transfering into both feeds.  Don't forget to ste the low pass filter knob fully clockwise and turn the volume to the desired level.

You can go into the set-up and perform a test tone verification. This will supply tones to all speakers including the Subwoofer.  If you get the tone through the sub, then you will know that the sub is receiving a signal.

Hope this info helps.

#3 of 3 Michael Reuben

Michael Reuben

Studio Mogul

• 21,769 posts

Posted December 05 2010 - 04:17 PM

I have removed the URL from your thread title. Please do not attempt to include links in thread titles.

Originally Posted by drzdiplomat401 

I have a Samsung HW-C560S AV Receiver, and a Polk Audio Psw10. This is my setup. Hdmi-1 is connected to the output of my receiver. Hdmi-2 is connected to the Ps3 to the input source of my receiver. I bought a Subwoofer cable, and a RCA adapter. I connected my subwoofer to the receiver and i get no sound beside my surround sound itself.

COMPLETE list of my disc reviews.       HTF Rules / 200920102011 Film Lists