What's new

Receiver to Subwoofer issue Pls Help (1 Viewer)

drzdiplomat401

Auditioning
Real Name
Alfredo
I have a Samsung HW-C560S AV Receiver, and a Polk Audio Psw10. This is my setup. Hdmi-1 is connected to the output of my receiver. Hdmi-2 is connected to the Ps3 to the input source of my receiver. I bought a Subwoofer cable, and a RCA adapter. I connected my subwoofer to the receiver and i get no sound beside my surround sound itself.

mikeabt

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I assume that HDMI - 1 is actually connected to your DVD or Bluray player. Is that correct?

Have you gone into the receiver's set-up menu to verify that the Subwoofer has been included in the speaker outputs? Also, I see that there is a subwoofer on/off button on the remote. Have you toggled that during a time when you are confident that there is a signal going to the Sub?

Also, you may need to go into the DVD or Bluray to make sure that there is a signal out for the sub.

I assume also that when you say RCA adapter that you are using a splitter to take a single sub feed and transfering into both feeds. Don't forget to ste the low pass filter knob fully clockwise and turn the volume to the desired level.

You can go into the set-up and perform a test tone verification. This will supply tones to all speakers including the Subwoofer. If you get the tone through the sub, then you will know that the sub is receiving a signal.

Hope this info helps.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
I have removed the URL from your thread title. Please do not attempt to include links in thread titles.

Originally Posted by drzdiplomat401

I have a Samsung HW-C560S AV Receiver, and a Polk Audio Psw10. This is my setup. Hdmi-1 is connected to the output of my receiver. Hdmi-2 is connected to the Ps3 to the input source of my receiver. I bought a Subwoofer cable, and a RCA adapter. I connected my subwoofer to the receiver and i get no sound beside my surround sound itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks