-

Photo

Sprint Galaxy Tab Discussion

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
109 replies to this topic

#101 of 110 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,926 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted April 22 2011 - 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by DaveF 

But were I a mass-transit commuter, a smaller tablet (or Kindle) might be better. 

Or maybe not...

http://www.tuaw.com/...-iphone-thefts/

#102 of 110 OFFLINE   ManW_TheUncool

ManW_TheUncool

Producer

• 5,863 posts

Posted April 22 2011 - 08:20 AM

Don't think that would matter if they're nabbing the iPad anyway -- actually, maybe you *would* want something that doesn't look much like an iPad (or iPhone) regardless of size in that case. Posted Image

I can tell you this though.  There seems to be more people carrying and using some sort of mobile device (including laptops and portable DVD players) in the NYC subways than not these days, so such theft is bound to rise along w/ the "tide" so to speak -- some even carry/use 2 or even 3 such items, eg. Blackberry + some sort of iPod + maybe a Kindle or laptop.  And the popularity (and probably pricing model) of the iPhone and iPad makes them prime targets.

And actually, considering how relatively few iPads I do see in the subways, if they're really being nabbed in any significant numbers, then maybe the exact form factor of the iPad might even make it an easier target than most of the mobile devices people use in the subways...

_Man_

Just another amateur learning to paint w/ "the light of the world".

"Whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things..." (St. Paul)

#103 of 110 OFFLINE   DaveF

DaveF

Executive Producer

• 13,926 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted April 22 2011 - 09:51 AM

I'm just a simple country mouse(*) and don't know how you big city types manage it. The real threat are snatched smartphones, from the article. So you'd want to avoid a 4" tablet ;)

(*) suburbs mouse, really, but I've not seen a book on that ;)

#104 of 110 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,713 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted May 10 2011 - 09:27 AM

Don't get your hopes up on the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1....  From one of the developers who just got a free one today at Google IO:

cocoalabs Lemont Washington

The back light bleeding on this galaxt tab 2 is really bad

I lost my signature and all I got was this Nutter t-shirt

#105 of 110 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,713 posts

Posted May 11 2011 - 02:32 AM

Unboxing and fingerprint display:

http://blog.laptopma...b-10-1-unboxing

#106 of 110 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,713 posts

Posted July 11 2011 - 02:14 AM

Mark it down, this is the first time any of my non engineer friends have bought an android tablet, this time a Galaxy Tab. She mentioned it casually on facebook last night, and she already has an iPhone so I can't wait to talk to her and find out what led to the purchase. I'm both fascinated and horrified =) Will let you know what I find out!

#107 of 110 OFFLINE   Amelia

Amelia

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted September 04 2011 - 01:50 AM

Recently, I receive a news. The New Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 series is an Android-based tablet computer produced by Samsung. The mobile phone is a new experience. I have found this phone in Shop http://www.apple2010.com/. It is the latest electronic products at wholesale price! I advice you can visit this website.

#108 of 110 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,713 posts

Posted September 04 2011 - 05:58 AM

Lmao: http://www.guardian....sung-galaxy-tab So what's a better scenario? These get sold for $100 a pop, outselling all the newer better ones on the market, or these get buried in the Vegas desert next to ET?

#109 of 110 OFFLINE   Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Executive Producer

• 16,713 posts

Posted August 15 2012 - 04:02 AM

Anyone considering the note? I know many of you pine for good styluses. this one has a full wacom digitizer built in. But....

All of these additions makes the Note extremely slow, even though it has a ridiculously fast 1.4GHz quad-core Exynos processor and 2GB of RAM. On paper, that’s basically more powerful than any other mainstream mobile device, but the Note is quite laggy in day-to-day use. Just flipping between homescreens can result in some stuttering when you hit a widget-heavy layout, and I even noticed occasional slowdowns when simply swiping the lock screen to open the device. The Note is simply not as smooth or responsive as the Nexus 7, and it’s so far behind the iPad that the comparison doesn’t really seem fair. Add in all the bloop bloop sounds and the whole thing just feels chubby.

http://www.theverge....ote-10-1-review

#110 of 110 ONLINE   Hanson

Hanson

Producer

• 4,441 posts

Posted August 15 2012 - 04:45 AM

I'm pretty good with my Transformer Prime for now. I had designs on the Transformer Infinity, but if I get another tablet, it will the 11.8" Samsung tablet running 2560 X 1600 resolution. I will have to get a waterproof case to shield it from my TEARS OF JOY.

Back to Mobile Phones / Entertainment

Forum Nav Content I Follow