What's new

Still can't believe there isn't one James Cagney film on Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
While most of James Cagney's films were in Black and White you would think by now there would be at least one on Blu-ray

Yankee Doodle Dandy

White Heat

The Roaring Twenties

Angles with Dirty Faces

Mister Roberts

One-Two Three

Footlight Parade

I would expect "Public Enemy" will not look as good since the film is from the early 30's but the rest should look pretty great

Meanwhile there are at least 4 Bogart films on Blu-ray

Casablanca

Tresure of Seirra Madre

Africian Queen

Maltese Falcon

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I love Mister Roberts and would be very pleased to see that title receive a Blu-Ray release.

- Walter.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
I'm game for a Blu-Ray of One Two Three. I guess it's just a matter of time before what's left of MGM tackles Billy Wilder's UA films, many of which have already been on MGM HD including this one.

Eric Peterson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric Peterson
Originally Posted by MatthewA

I'm game for a Blu-Ray of One Two Three. I guess it's just a matter of time before what's left of MGM tackles Billy Wilder's UA films, many of which have already been on MGM HD including this one.

I can't wait for the Wilder films to debut on Blu. Most of those titles have average (at best) transfers. One, Two, Three is one of my favorite films and vastly underrated.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
It sounds like White Heat is going to be one of the first JC movies to make it out.

I wish it were Mister Roberts. A Wide scope color image is going to be a bit more impressive an upgrade over a 4:3 B&W- and Roberts is in big need of an upgrade release.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'd be delighted with White Heat or Mister Roberts, but my #1 pick would be Love Me or Leave Me.

BethHarrison

Second Unit
Real Name
Bethany Harrison
Love Me or Leave me would be great. I'd prefer White Heat over Mister Roberts.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
I would buy a BRD of Love Me Or Leave Me as soon as it was available. (Doris Day in that blue dress in high definition! Yes please!) The SD-DVD of White Heat is excellent so I am in no hurry for a HD upgrade.

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
YANKEE DOODLE DANDY is the most likely Cagney title to hit Blu-ray, but I would love to see LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME and ONE TWO THREE.

I'd also love to see a whole lot of Billy Wilder on Blu-ray. THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES, SOME LIKE IT HOT, THE APARTMENT, WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION, SABRINA, DOUBLE INDEMNITY and SUNSET BOULEVARD. would be a nice start on that front.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Originally Posted by Derek M Germano

YANKEE DOODLE DANDY is the most likely Cagney title to hit Blu-ray, but I would love to see LOVE ME OR LEAVE ME and ONE TWO THREE.

I'd also love to see a whole lot of Billy Wilder on Blu-ray. THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES, SOME LIKE IT HOT, THE APARTMENT, WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION, SABRINA, DOUBLE INDEMNITY and SUNSET BOULEVARD. would be a nice start on that front.

SOME LIKE IT HOT, THE APARTMENT, WITNESS FOR THE PROSECUTION, SABRINA, DOUBLE INDEMNITY and SUNSET BOULEVARD , THE MISFITS, and lets see Criterion has a deal brokered with MGM and Paramount and Universal, oh this is a dream, if some of those got the Criterion treatment

Fox needs to get some Monroe out as well

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks