What's new

riser for rear seating, height and depth? (1 Viewer)

bigfish1

Auditioning
Real Name
paul salmon
hey guy's

I would like to build a riser for the rear seating. I was wondering if there was a height and depth i should shoot for. I was thinking 8 inches in height, but not sure of the depth needed. I am looking at the berkline quick ship seating. straight not the curved. Would 60 inches be about right?

thanks in advance

paul.

Jim Mcc

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jim
8" is the average height riser, but it depends on the height of your screen and the seating in front row. You're going to have to measure the seats at the store, or get some accurate measurements. I wouldn't build the riser until I had the seats.

kchisel

Auditioning
Real Name
Kirt Reimschisel
You will want about 6'6" minimum depth so when the chairs are reclined, you can still walk around them. Also, you might want to do a little reseach on the Berkline chairs. I have been looking myself and have found there are better brands out there for the money. You might spend a little more for them, but I think you will be happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.