Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

riser for rear seating, height and depth?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   bigfish1

bigfish1

Auditioning

• 4 posts

Posted November 28 2010 - 04:27 AM

hey guy's

I would like to build a riser for the rear seating. I was wondering if there was a height and depth i should shoot for. I was thinking 8 inches in height, but not sure of the depth needed. I am looking at the berkline quick ship seating. straight not the curved. Would 60 inches be about right?

thanks in advance

paul.

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted November 29 2010 - 01:59 PM

8" is the average height riser, but it depends on the height of your screen and the seating in front row. You're going to have to measure the seats at the store, or get some accurate measurements. I wouldn't build the riser until I had the seats.

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   kchisel

kchisel

Auditioning

• 2 posts

Posted December 09 2010 - 05:32 AM

You will want about 6'6" minimum depth so when the chairs are reclined, you can still walk around them.  Also, you might want to do a little reseach on the Berkline chairs.  I have been looking myself and have found there are better brands out there for the money.  You might spend a little more for them, but I think you will be happier.