Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

Weekly RoundUp 11-30-2010

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 of 40 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,366 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 27 2010 - 04:06 PM

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

HTF Rules | HTF Mission Statement | Father of the Bride

Dieting with my Dog & Heart to Heart/Hand in Paw by Peggy Frezon

#2 of 40 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,154 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 27 2010 - 04:27 PM

Thanks Mike!  The Sherman Brothers, Waking Sleeping Beauty (DVDs) and Knight and Day, and Fantasia (BDs) are films I would love to have, but between buying a new TV and Black Friday I'll have to shake the piggy bank and see if anythign actually comes out....

#3 of 40 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,366 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 27 2010 - 04:46 PM

Adam: The Boys: The Sherman Brothers Story is already on its way to me from Amazon. Richard & Robert Sherman are probably the closest things I have to heroes in the entertainment world.  I a huge fan of Disney music (film and theme parks mostly).  The Shermans, obviously, are a huge part of that world.  One of my joys is a framed copy of the sheet music to It's a Small World signed by Richard Sherman! In fact, I found my way to the HTF via a recommendation made to me at Magical Music of the Mouse--the only other internet forum of which I've ever been a member.  I was advised to check out a discussion here on a thread involving a discussion on a soundtrack to a Disney film. I don't pre-order many titles on a week-to-week basis...but this is one title I knew I had to have ASAP. 

There's Jessie the yodeling cowgirl. Bullseye, he's Woody's horse. Pete the old prospector. And, Woody, the man himself.Of course, it's time for Woody's RoundUp. He's the very best! He's the rootinest, tootinest cowboy in the wild, wild west!

#4 of 40 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,154 posts

Posted November 27 2010 - 04:51 PM

Leo is working on a copy of it now.  Seeing the YouTube clip was really intriguing... Very interested story about how you came to HTF too

#5 of 40 OFFLINE   Matt Hough

Matt Hough

Executive Producer

• 12,877 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 28 2010 - 12:41 AM

I will have the review of Have Gun Will Travel up later today.

#6 of 40 ONLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,754 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 28 2010 - 04:59 AM

I'll be picking up the Fantasia Blu-ray this week. The best price that I saw is Toys R Us with $26.99 so with the Disney manufacturer's coupon, it'll be $17. Thanks for the prices!

#7 of 40 Guest__*

Guest__*

Posted November 28 2010 - 06:48 AM

Fantasia, here I come!!!!

#8 of 40 OFFLINE   SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted November 28 2010 - 06:53 AM

damn was really hoping for a fantasia ironpack

#9 of 40 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted November 28 2010 - 07:29 AM

A few folks got the matrix collection (blu) for $26 at Ultimate Electronics, but none were left when I got there at 11am today (Sunday). They had the batman box for the same but I already have the ones I like.
"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#10 of 40 OFFLINE   Jason_V

Jason_V

Producer

• 5,083 posts
  • LocationBothell, WA

Posted November 28 2010 - 07:45 AM

Fantasia for sure with the Disney coupon.  What else?  I don't know if I can financially support anything else with Christmas coming and just getting back from Detroit for Thanksgiving.

#11 of 40 OFFLINE   RoyWilbury

RoyWilbury

Stunt Coordinator

• 140 posts

Posted November 28 2010 - 09:04 AM

I noticed the Target ad that I've seen shows the "Fantasia" Blu set at $29.99. Do we know for sure it's $27.99 in-store? Does anybody know for sure what price Wal-Mart will have the "Fantasia" Blu set for? Website says $28.99 but in-store can vary of course. Thanks!

#12 of 40 OFFLINE   TravisR

TravisR

Studio Mogul

• 23,754 posts
  • LocationThe basement of the FBI building

Posted November 28 2010 - 10:05 AM

^ Maybe it varies by region because it shows as $27.99 in the ad in the Philadelphia area.

#13 of 40 ONLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Who do we think I am?

• 16,650 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted November 28 2010 - 10:56 AM

Fantasia and the $10 off coupon at Target for me.
facebook.com/whotony

#14 of 40 OFFLINE   billyzuko57

billyzuko57

Extra

• 20 posts

Posted November 28 2010 - 01:44 PM

I was wondering if anyone noticed that the coupon that Disney Movie Rewards offers for $10 off The Sorcerer's Apprentice is for the red  box with the 3 disc combo pack; Blu-Ray,DVD, and Digital Download.  Not the blue box 2 disc combo pack. Will the stores hold you to the offer as shown on the coupon? Best Buy's ad shows the red box 3 disc  and it says that you can save $10 when you buy both Sorcerer and Fantasia Blu-Ray combo packs.  Could we also use the two $10 off coupons with the other store offer of $10 off?  This would bring it to almost $27.00 for both. That would be great.

#15 of 40 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 15,154 posts

Posted November 28 2010 - 02:12 PM

Fantasia $10 Coupon: http://www.disneymov...fantasia-coupon

Sorcerer's Apprentice $10 Coupon: http://www.disneymov...ererlptw-coupon

The Sorcerer's App coupon specifically says the three disc combo pack

#16 of 40 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,354 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 28 2010 - 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by billyzuko57 

I was wondering if anyone noticed that the coupon that Disney Movie Rewards offers for $10 off The Sorcerer's Apprentice is for the red  box with the 3 disc combo pack; Blu-Ray,DVD, and Digital Download.  Not the blue box 2 disc combo pack. Will the stores hold you to the offer as shown on the coupon? Best Buy's ad shows the red box 3 disc  and it says that you can save $10 when you buy both Sorcerer and Fantasia Blu-Ray combo packs.  Could we also use the two $10 off coupons with the other store offer of $10 off?  This would bring it to almost $27.00 for both. That would be great.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice is supposed to only be for the 3 disc, but there are always people who will use it for the other sets not that it's the correct thing to do since it's

questionable whether the stores get paid -- some stores are much more particular about being exact.

Whether you can use both coupons plus get the combination purchase -- at Target I'd almost bet on it going by past experience.   At Best Buy, it's seems to always turn

into a drama as some stores will allow it and other stores will decline.   If you start trying to pricematch then things get much trickier and many stores will balk.   

#17 of 40 OFFLINE   Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon

Studio Mogul

• 33,366 posts
  • LocationRensselaer, NY

Posted November 29 2010 - 03:50 AM

Thanks for the links to those coupons, Adam! 

And...links to the HTF reviews for The Boys: The Sherman Brothers Story and Have Gun Will Travel: S5 V1 have been added to the OP. 

#18 of 40 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,814 posts

Posted November 30 2010 - 02:19 AM

I gather one cannot use the Disney $10 coupon to purchase the Fantasia blu-ray from Amazon? I guess it's not feasible to enter a coupon code for it. I see above Toys R Us has the best in store price when combined with the Disney coupon..

#19 of 40 OFFLINE   David Norman

David Norman

Screenwriter

• 2,354 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted November 30 2010 - 02:26 AM

Most people haven't gotten Amazon to take the coupon. TRU seems to be the best price if you just want Fantasia unless you happen to be in Nebraska Furniture Mart territory.

#20 of 40 OFFLINE   Nelson Au

Nelson Au

Executive Producer

• 11,814 posts

Posted November 30 2010 - 03:23 AM

Thanks David. Fortunately there is a TRU about 2 miles away!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users