What's new

Pinocchio Blu Ray replacement disc for missing lines of dialogue? (1 Viewer)

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen this posted on here. I've read elsewhere that Disney has corrected the missing lines of dialogue and will send a replacement disc if you request it. Can anyone verify that this is true?

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
gee, i have heard nothing....would be a good thing to hear!!!....any info from anyone??

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
hello all,

Just called the customer service line...and was told that they have received no information of a new pressing with the correctios made.....Would have been a nice thing....darn. Let me know if you hear something different from Disney. Thanks.

b

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by bob kaplan

hello all,

Just called the customer service line...and was told that they have received no information of a new pressing with the correctios made.....Would have been a nice thing....darn. Let me know if you hear something different from Disney. Thanks.

b

+1. Rats! Oh well.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Last I heard, Disney hadn't even corrected the problem, let alone offer an exchange program. But the guy on dvdizzy.com claims to have a corrected copy. Is he just lying? Or maybe just mistaken? I can imagine someone calling customer support and being offered an exchange for a defective disc. In this case, maybe Disney just mailed him another copy of the exact same Blu-ray (since the original disc wasn't actually "defective") and he didn't even know the difference?

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I don't even remember Disney ever acknowledging the problem in the first place.

Fixed replacement discs sure would be nice...

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
It's weird, though, that the guy on dvdizzy.com claims to have received a corrected copy. Here's what I think happened (I mentioned it above, but I don't think I explained it very clearly):

1. Guy reads online that the Pinocchio Blu-ray has an audio problem.
  2. Guy calls Disney customer service to complain about said audio problem.
  3. Disney customer rep doesn't know what guy is talking about, but hears the word "defect" and offers to send a replacement disc per standard operating procedure for defective products.
  4. Guy receives "replacement" Blu-ray in the mail. It's the exact same disc he had before, but he doesn't actually know the difference and assumes he now has a "corrected" Blu-ray.

Any other opinions? I'm assuming something like the above happened because, again, I haven't heard of corrected version being available, and I'm sure something like that would have been reported on the HTF. Has anyone heard otherwise?

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I thought they maybe exchanged his disc for one from the UK, which is correct, but it turns out that all versions are region locked. So either the guy doesn't know what he's talking about, or he's lying. Otherwise people at the customer service would have known about it.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Ernest Rister (who used to post on here and seemed very knowledgeable about Disney matters) made the same claim on AVS. One guy posted that when he called Disney, they said they're aware of the problem and are researching it.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'm sniffing around at the only other internet forum of which I'm a member (on the subject of Disney music) to see if anyone over there knows anything.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by cafink

Any other opinions? I'm assuming something like the above happened because, again, I haven't heard of corrected version being available, and I'm sure something like that would have been reported on the HTF. Has anyone heard otherwise?

I think the most likely scenario is that the person who said that they got a replacement disc is lying (for the sad thrill of starting an internet rumor) but your scenario is a possibility or there's the off-chance that the customer service person that Bob Kaplan spoke is uninformed and there actually is a replacement disc.

kevin_y

Stunt Coordinator
Has anyone here RECENTLY bought the 2009 Pinocchio BD/DVD? If recent purchases also have the audio problem then we can assume the latest pressing still has the problem.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Originally Posted by RobertR

Ernest Rister (who used to post on here and seemed very knowledgeable about Disney matters) made the same claim on AVS. One guy posted that when he called Disney, they said they're aware of the problem and are researching it.

I found the thread you're referring to. Ernest also said, "I also have one of the flawed Matrix Revolutions discs that I haven't gotten around to replacing with Warner Bros, guess I'll do both tomorrow."

As far as I know, like Pinocchio, Matrix Revolutions was never fixed, and no replacement was ever offered. Am I mistaken? I'm beginning to think someone is simply pulling our collective leg.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The missing lines of dialogue are contained within the song Give a Little Whistle.

As Jiminy is counseling Pinocchio to "let his conscience be his guide" and "give a little whistle"...the two characters do a bit of a call-and-answer section:

Jiminy: And when your whistle's weak.....YELL!

Pinocchio: Jiminy Cricket!

Jiminy: Right!

Well, the response "Right!" by Jiminy is missing--both from the new mix for the Blu-ray release and from the original mono mix also included on the disc.

There is another piece of Jiminy's dialogue missing from the end of the same song. When Jiminy has always said "Look out Pinoke!", as Pinocchio falls over, there is...nothing.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Originally Posted by cafink

I found the thread you're referring to. Ernest also said, "I also have one of the flawed Matrix Revolutions discs that I haven't gotten around to replacing with Warner Bros, guess I'll do both tomorrow."

As far as I know, like Pinocchio, Matrix Revolutions was never fixed, and no replacement was ever offered. Am I mistaken? I'm beginning to think someone is simply pulling our collective leg.

[/QUOTE]
The 3rd Matrix, with the digital video glitch, that lasted about 3 frames? It was fixed, a long time ago. I became aware of it from this forum, and got a replacement disc. The replacement was indeed a fixed disc, and not another with the same glitch.

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
Originally Posted by RickER

The 3rd Matrix, with the digital video glitch, that lasted about 3 frames? It was fixed, a long time ago. I became aware of it from this forum, and got a replacement disc. The replacement was indeed a fixed disc, and not another with the same glitch.

I must've missed this one, somehow. Thanks for the info.

kevin_y

Stunt Coordinator
Originally Posted by CraigF

The audio problems occur at around the 20-minute mark of the movie. As Mike said, the dialog "Right!" and "Look out!" are missing. [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sPZ7WAvV4A]Here is a comparison of the 1999 DVD and the 2009 DVD/Blu-ray regarding this.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks