Photo
- - - - -

HDMI confusion Sony Bravia HDTV-Sony Bravia Home Theatre-Magnavox Blu Ray Player-Cable Box Input

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 ttanner3020

ttanner3020

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted November 24 2010 - 08:05 AM

I am not sure of proper protacol here but here goes.  I need to add Blu ray player to existing sytems and would like to use HDMI for optimum signal (assumption on my part) but only have two HDMI connections on the TV.

I want to be able, of course, to use home theater system with the blu ray.  Will this scenario require a splitter of a HUB?  I am not well versed in modern techno language so please keep it simple for a guy who is just over the rise (not quite over the hill??!!Posted Image

#2 of 3 Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted November 24 2010 - 08:32 AM

Assuming you DO NOT have an A/V receiver with 3 HDMI inputs, YES you will need to use an HDMI switcher for the inputs, then 1 HDMI cable out to your TV. Check out the switchers at Monoprice.com.

#3 of 3 mikeabt

mikeabt

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted December 03 2010 - 04:19 PM

I just purshased a "ViewHD" switch with 4 HDMI in and a single HDMI out.  This unit is rated for "deep color" and is speced @ the HDMI 1.3 level (good for most everything you can connect - except 3D).  This is capable of "high speed" performance in/out.  It is remotely operated and cost something like $32 through Amazon.

Check it out.  Good Luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users