What's new

Odd speaker config issue (1 Viewer)

Viper

Second Unit
Real Name
Joe Fisk
This is a little odd, but I'm looking for some ideas here. I have a Denon 2310CI and some old Sony speakers (5.1 setup). I'm looking for some way to easily switch speaker location assignments or something. I recently rearranged my room so that my desk is facing another way. It gave me a lot more space, but now my computer screen is at a 90 degree angle from the TV. Makes FPS games on the PC a little difficult not knowing which direction the shots are coming from cause both the front speakers are to my left. So basically, I'd like to find an easy way to switch the assignments. I'd still have to set the center channel on the desk or possibly get a spare to switch in. I'm thinking of looking for composite plugs and stuff to connect to the bare wires and make switching manually easier (the Denon has those damn screw on things for bare wires), but it would still kind of suck. How does multi-zone work? I never would've expected to need such a thing. Never thought I'd prefer playing games on my 24" LCD over the 50" either, but it works better for me. The TV is kind of acting up anyway.

Robert_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
A multi-zone receiver is configured for 5.1 or 7.1 and then has one or two additional zones that are in stereo.

Every time you switch orientation, you will need to re-calibrate your system. I suggest two separate systems.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks