What's new

New BBC "Sherlock" - available for sale? (1 Viewer)

Clay_E

Second Unit
I post this here in the hope that somebody will be able to shine a little light my way. I have been completely unable to find this title on Blu-Ray available for sale anywhere; no B&M stores seem to carry it, and e-tailers from Borders to Amazon to Best Buy to Barnes & Noble have it listed as “On Backorder.” What gives—does anybody know??

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
It's available from, PBS Home Video: 1-800-645-4727 or shopPBS.org Free shipping to 12/15/10. Expedited Shipping Extra. Sherlock Season One: Blue-Ray Catalog Item # MST4000B $39.99 / DVD Catalog Item # MST44000 $34.98 So how is this updated version of Sherlock Holmes, I just heard about the show while browsing the PBS catalog? Does Holmes have a cell-phone and a internet connection? Just checked the PBS site and the DVD Sherlock is Backordered there too, but the Blue-Ray is listed as in stock. Ordered online at PBS, the Blue-Ray is $36.00 and the DVD is $29.00.

Guy Foulard

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Clay_E

I post this here in the hope that somebody will be able to shine a little light my way. I have been completely unable to find this title on Blu-Ray available for sale anywhere; no B&M stores seem to carry it, and e-tailers from Borders to Amazon to Best Buy to Barnes & Noble have it listed as “On Backorder.” What gives—does anybody know??
I think it must have sold better than BBC Video expected after being shown on Masterpiece. It's manufactured and distributed by Warner, so you may just want to get it on backorder somewhere--they'll probably have a new pressing ready soon.

Claire Panke

Second Unit
Brought to us by the same team responsible for the new Dr. Who, the new Sherlock is wonderful.

It boasts perfect casting with Benedict Cumberbatch as Holmes and Martin Freeman as Watson. The first and third segments are the best IMO, but I can see why this set is sold out. It was a huge hit in Britain when it originally aired earlier in the year. It should be a Christmas gift seller if they can get it back in stores.

More is on the way. Three new 90 minute episodes will be shot next summer for late 2011 broadcast.

And yes, SH has a cell phone and internet connection...his texts even appear onscreen. The series is actually quite logical about the use of technology. There are scores of glowing reviews on the internet, plus you can watch the eps on pbs.org before you decide to order the DVDs. Word of warning, pbs edited about 5-7 minutes from the versions shown on BBC, but the footage is back in the BD and DVDs.

Bob Gu

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bob Gudera
Thanks, Claire, based on your post and my interest in Sherlock Holmes, I bought the regular DVD edition from DeepDiscount. It's listed as in-stock on my order confirmation, but when I originally placed my order, it said it shipped from the manufacturer. The DeepDiscount 25% off Tag sale is on and the regular edition of Sherlock is $20.15, and the Blu-Ray is $20.92.

DeWilson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Denny
Originally Posted by Claire Panke

More is on the way. Three new 90 minute episodes will be shot next summer for late 2011 broadcast.

Word is one of the episodes will be an updating of "Hounds of The Baskervilles" :)

ChadMcCallum

Second Unit
WB has changed distributers recently and they're having problems getting stock to stores on time. The situation is even worse in Canada because new releases like the classic Doctor Who dvd's aren't arriving until a few weeks after the US date even though they used to be released on the same day.

I've heard Sherlock is selling very well and I suspect that high demand combined with distribution problems are the reason some of you are having trouble finding copies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks