Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

7.2 HT with zone 2/3 need help with equip choice and config

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
No replies to this topic

#1 of 1 OFFLINE   custompaul

custompaul

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted November 21 2010 - 01:18 AM

Hi ,

Need help to design HT plus zone 2/3.  All speakers inbuilt. Need to understand how I can make it all come together in a user friendly way.  HT = 7.2 .  zone 2= is living 4speakers.  zone 3 =outdoor 2 speakers.  Keeping to budget I'm considering Onkyo 608 or 708 and yamaha 767.

with Nad http://www.smarthous...ifiers/F4Q3R6K8 to add 4 amp channels for living room.

these receivers only allow zone 2 operation so I need to understand how I can effectively use this equipment to get good usability. I suppose I just have to go to the equip rack whenever i want to fire up the two outdoor speakers? Or perhaps one pair of the living room (zone 2 speakers) could be physically switchable with the Zone 3 pair of outdoor speakers) allowing zone two and 3 to operate at the same time.?   I may need to add wall mounted volume controls to allow independant vol control in zone 2? Also need help choosing amp power for 2 inbuilt passive subs.  Any help greatly appreciated.  cheers