Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Projector for Gaming

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

#1 of 4 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted November 20 2010 - 02:07 PM

So I'm looking for a HT Project for a friend of mine that also wants to be able to game. He is worried about lag I have never experienced lag on one when I have gamed on them but thought I would throw this out there for any recommendations. I would also take any advice on good projectors. I don't think there are huge price concerns with this friend.

Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#2 of 4 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted November 20 2010 - 07:02 PM

Give us some idea of budget. DLP or LCD? Does he want to ceiling mount it or use a shelf/table mount?

#3 of 4 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted November 20 2010 - 08:44 PM

This is a dedicated home theater. He is lets just say not worrying about money I think he wants the best he can get. If you want a dollar amount I would say $5000-$20000 again he wants the best to do the job. 1080p HD, movies is going to be the primary use but he has older kids that game so he doesn't want to compromise. I haven't kept up with projector tech as my home theater has never gone that way.

Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#4 of 4 OFFLINE   Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc

Producer

• 3,710 posts
  • LocationOconomowoc, WI.

Posted November 21 2010 - 07:15 PM

I would recommend he looks at the 3 different technologies in person, if possible, to see which he likes best. You have DLP, LCD and LCos.

If I were spending $5,000 or more, I would buy one of the JVC(LCos) projectors. He needs to do some reading at Projectorcentral.com and Projectorreviews.com to learn about projectors, screens, and read reviews.