#21 of 25 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10,173 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 01 2013 - 07:10 AM

Sam,

I certainly understand the challenges in capturing birds in flight. It takes a lot of practice to just become average at the skill. Some birds are easier than others, too. Eagles would seem to be on the more difficult side. You appear to be doing nicely, though.

As I mentioned, I have not had the opportunity to shoot eagles yet. Most of my birds in flight have been larger water fowl, which are on the easier side to shoot in flight. They do not fly as erratic, and they also stay closer to the ground, which helps both in getting closer shots and more even exposures.

#22 of 25 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Nutter

• 14,810 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted May 01 2013 - 12:11 PM

Plan a trip to Conowingo MD for a November of your choosing, closer than Alaska =)

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

#23 of 25 Scott Merryfield

Scott Merryfield

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 10,173 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted May 03 2013 - 04:05 PM

Plan a trip to Conowingo MD for a November of your choosing, closer than Alaska =)

Funny you should mention that. My wife and I are discussing a return trip to Alaska next summer to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We went for our 10th anniversary.

#24 of 25 DaveF

DaveF

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 12,531 posts
  • LocationOne Loudoun, Ashburn, VA

Posted May 27 2013 - 08:30 AM

Sam, have you been to Eastern Neck Wildlife Refuge (on the Eastern Shore)? How is it for bird and eagle photos?

#25 of 25 Sam Posten

Sam Posten

Nutter

• 14,810 posts
  • LocationAberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ

Posted May 28 2013 - 07:18 AM

I have not. Planning on checking that and Susquehanna State Park out this summer!

"Sam, you are the biggest nutter we have here."

Blog: Navesink.net - My Flickr Stream - Dolby Atmos Discussion Thread - Updates at Twitter - Join the HTF Flickr Pool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users