Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hey, Vern, It's Ernest! is actually coming to DVD

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

#1 of 9 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts

Posted November 19 2010 - 05:49 AM

I grew up watching this show and I might have to pick it up. According to the article, Mill Creek will be releasing it on 1/18 for the low price of $9.98.

http://www.tvshowson...te-Series/14719

I had no idea there were only 13 episodes.

#2 of 9 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,278 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted November 19 2010 - 06:48 AM

Well, this was unexpected. But I'm glad it's coming out.

I wonder if Mill Creek could get the rights to release a couple more compilations of Ernest commercials?

#3 of 9 OFFLINE   Corey3rd

Corey3rd

Screenwriter

• 1,721 posts

Posted November 19 2010 - 07:30 AM

finally something to run with Pee-Wee

come see the reviews at
http://thedvdlounge.com/

and the Seinfeld Tour Bus

#4 of 9 OFFLINE   Theodore J. Mooney

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor

• 538 posts

Posted November 20 2010 - 10:50 AM

Wow ... I never knew Ernest had his own television show at some point. Well you learn something new everyday as they say.

Music Video of the Week (Feb. 8th-14th):
 ("Hands To Heaven" sung by Breathe)

"I Love Lucy wasn't just a title" ~ Desi Arnaz
"Desi Arnaz was the love of my life" ~ Lucille Ball

#5 of 9 OFFLINE   Bradskey

Bradskey

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted November 22 2010 - 05:32 AM

This was a fun show that ran for a couple years on CBS, basically replacing Pee-Wee's Playhouse.  After Ernest there was another fun show featuring the cowboy singing group Riders in the Sky -- it probably only lasted one season.  Saturday morning was dying quickly by then, I think maybe the last gasp show in this late morning time slot on the CBS lineup was an incredibly awful show about live Sea Monkeys, lol.  I have Pee-Wee, I'll be very glad to get Hey Vern It's Ernest too!  I always loved the haircut segment he got every week.

And I don't remember exactly, but didn't Gailard Sartain and Bill Byrge sometimes feature on this show as Maynard and Bobbie, or was that just in the Ernest movies?

#6 of 9 OFFLINE   Scott D S

Scott D S

Supporting Actor

• 838 posts

Posted November 22 2010 - 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Bradskey 

This was a fun show that ran for a couple years on CBS, basically replacing Pee-Wee's Playhouse.  After Ernest there was another fun show featuring the cowboy singing group Riders in the Sky -- it probably only lasted one season.  Saturday morning was dying quickly by then, I think maybe the last gasp show in this late morning time slot on the CBS lineup was an incredibly awful show about live Sea Monkeys, lol.  I have Pee-Wee, I'll be very glad to get Hey Vern It's Ernest too!  I always loved the haircut segment he got every week.

And I don't remember exactly, but didn't Gailard Sartain and Bill Byrge sometimes feature on this show as Maynard and Bobbie, or was that just in the Ernest movies?

Oh God, I remember the sea monkey show. I actually watched it and enjoyed it (I was 10 or so at the time!) but if I were to catch it today, I couldn't tell you how I'd react. Posted Image

Chuck and Bobby appeared in a handful of the Ernest films. They both appeared in Ernest Goes to Jail, Bobby in Ernest Scared Stupid, Chuck in Ernest Goes to Camp, and I don't recall Ernest Saves Christmas.

#7 of 9 OFFLINE   Bradskey

Bradskey

Agent

• 38 posts

Posted November 23 2010 - 06:14 AM

Oh yeah, "Chuck" and Bobbie.  Maynard was the character on Hee-Haw I think, lol.  I remember them as the security guards in Ernest Goes to Jail, and of course the cooks in Ernest Goes to Camp.  I don't remember them in Ernest Scared Stupid, but I think they played some type of freight/shipping clerks who babysat the reindeer waiting to be picked up from the warehouse in Ernest Saves Christmas.

I looked up some info on Hey Vern It's Ernest and apparently Chuck and Bobbie were on it too!  I don't really remember Billy Byrge's character on the show at all, but I don't know how I forgot about Gailard Sartain's weekly segment as "Lonnie Don" who teaches you how to do Hollywood sound effects.  The sound effect always consists of him wrapping his hand around his mouth and making a raspberry noise, lol.  I thought it was hilarious as a kid.

#8 of 9 OFFLINE   MatthewA

MatthewA

Producer

• 6,393 posts
  • LocationSalinas, CA

Posted November 23 2010 - 02:32 PM

I remember this show first hand. I may even have a couple episodes on tape from when I taped huge blocks of Saturday morning once in awhile. Hopefully the discs will look better than that.

Enough is enough, Disney. No more evasions or excuses. We DEMAND the release Song of the South on Blu-ray along with the uncut version of Bedknobs and Broomsticks on Blu-ray. I am going to boycott The Walt Disney Company until then.

#9 of 9 OFFLINE   The Obsolete Man

The Obsolete Man

Screenwriter

• 1,278 posts
  • LocationTruth or Consequences, New Mexico

Posted November 23 2010 - 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by MatthewA 

I remember this show first hand. I may even have a couple episodes on tape from when I taped huge blocks of Saturday morning once in awhile. Hopefully the discs will look better than that.

Well, it is Mill Creek.

However, they're doing it as a two disc set, so odds are it'll be a 7-6 split. It shouldn't look too bad.