-

Photo
- - - - -

Human Target Season 2

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
56 replies to this topic

#1 of 57 OFFLINE   AlexF

AlexF

Second Unit

• 497 posts

Posted November 17 2010 - 12:14 PM

I totally forgot that this was on tonight until channel surfing looking for something to watch before Criminal Minds.

So far, not so bad.  Although the wrap up on the end of last season was a bit... brief.

#2 of 57 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,606 posts

Posted November 18 2010 - 05:24 AM

Maybe someone should change the thread title to Human Target Season 2?

There was some pretty impressive on target shooting in that episode.  It will be interesting to see how the new dynamic works.

#3 of 57 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted November 18 2010 - 05:33 AM

Yes.  Holy cow was that gory with the shot hands.. when the fingers were all hanging there in the bank .  Made my wife squick .    Lots of good fun, though, loved the adventure, and looking forward to what's next.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#4 of 57 OFFLINE   cajunhillbilly

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter

• 1,741 posts

Posted November 18 2010 - 07:01 AM

Great first episode.  Looking forward to how having a benefactor helps Chance in his mission.

#5 of 57 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted November 18 2010 - 07:46 AM

Oooo forgot about the premier.  I'll try to watch it tonight between all my Thursday shows.

#6 of 57 OFFLINE   Garrett Adams

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

• 931 posts

Posted November 18 2010 - 11:16 AM

Loved the episode and the revised format. As a fan of Indira Varma I'm pleased she's found another home. Last week she was killed off in the season one finale of Luther.

#7 of 57 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,645 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted November 18 2010 - 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Garrett Adams 

Loved the episode and the revised format. As a fan of Indira Varma I'm pleased she's found another home. Last week she was killed off in the season one finale of Luther.

I loved the episode too and I hope Janet Montgomery stays on the show too.  It would be interesting to see her Ames character contrasts with Guerrero.

By the way, regarding Luther, I bought the UK dvd 3 weeks ago and watched the whole series.  The episodes being televised now have been cut so I'm glad I bought the UK dvd.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

Blu-ray Preorder Schedule

#8 of 57 OFFLINE   Josh Dial

Josh Dial

Screenwriter

• 2,590 posts

Posted November 18 2010 - 12:07 PM

I thought the episode was quite good--just as fun as season 1.

However, it was a MASSIVE mistake dropping Bear McCreary as the composer.  Nobody puts as much work into the score as he does (with Giacchino in second), and he is easily the best in TV right now.  The new composer is Tim Jones (who works on Chuck), and he is crap compared to McCreary.  New credit music: sucks; lack of leitmotifs stupid; music during the episode: boring and uninspired.

#9 of 57 OFFLINE   todd s

todd s

Lead Actor

• 6,895 posts

Posted November 24 2010 - 06:06 AM

Liked the new dynamic.  Definitely closed out last seasons cliff-hanger....very quickly. Like they wanted to start fresh.  On a side note from last season.  I am bummed they killed of Lee Majors character (the original Chance).  It would have been nice to see him pop up every now and again.

Bring back John Doe! Or at least resolve the cliff-hanger with a 2hr movie or as an extra on a dvd release.

#10 of 57 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,645 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted December 01 2010 - 09:14 PM

After the third episode the team is now in place for the season.

Also, next week our old friend Baptiste is back for another round with Chance.

Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy

#11 of 57 OFFLINE   Michael Harris

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

• 1,344 posts

Posted December 05 2010 - 07:22 AM

I finally caught up using Hulu.  I agree about the sucky ass new theme but I do like the show over all.  It did seem a bit like reboot.  Now to ensure that I have DVR to set to record it.

#12 of 57 OFFLINE   Jeff Jacobson

Jeff Jacobson

Screenwriter

• 2,116 posts

Posted December 13 2010 - 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Josh Dial 

I thought the episode was quite good--just as fun as season 1.

However, it was a MASSIVE mistake dropping Bear McCreary as the composer.  Nobody puts as much work into the score as he does (with Giacchino in second), and he is easily the best in TV right now.  The new composer is Tim Jones (who works on Chuck), and he is crap compared to McCreary.  New credit music: sucks; lack of leitmotifs stupid; music during the episode: boring and uninspired.

I was just reading McCreary's blog about his work on the Angry Video Game Nerd X-Mas special.

#13 of 57 OFFLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 37,753 posts

Posted January 07 2011 - 04:54 PM

Anyone else finding this show losing its way with all the Pucci interjection into the cast chemistry?  I can handle Ames, but Ilsa just kills the show for me nowadays (especially after these last 2 episodes this week).

"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

#14 of 57 OFFLINE   Adam Gregorich

Adam Gregorich

Executive Producer

• 14,831 posts
  • LocationThe Other Washington

Posted January 07 2011 - 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Patrick Sun 

Anyone else finding this show losing its way with all the Pucci interjection into the cast chemistry?  I can handle Ames, but Ilsa just kills the show for me nowadays (especially after these last 2 episodes this week).

I can't figure out if they are trying to create sexual tension or just tension between them. It would be nice if she went back to being a silent partner for a bit.  Still really enjoying the show overall.  I didn't care for Ames, but she is growing on me.  I did find the ending of the last two parter interesting though:

When Chance came into the room and saw that the bad guy had been shot in the chest by Ilsa, I expected him to shoot him in the head and actually kill him, saving Ilsa from the "pain" of having taken a life based on their earlier conversation.  Will the fact that she has now taken a life make her more agreeable to Chance's way of doing things?

#15 of 57 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted January 07 2011 - 06:18 PM

I thought they did a great job this season of developing the show. I Given the last couple year it is probably one of the best shows produced recently.

Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#16 of 57 OFFLINE   Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford

Studio Mogul

• 24,645 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted January 07 2011 - 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Gregorich 

Quote:

I can't figure out if they are trying to create sexual tension or just tension between them. It would be nice if she went back to being a silent partner for a bit.  Still really enjoying the show overall.  I didn't care for Ames, but she is growing on me.  I did find the ending of the last two parter interesting though:

When Chance came into the room and saw that the bad guy had been shot in the chest by Ilsa, I expected him to shoot him in the head and actually kill him, saving Ilsa from the "pain" of having taken a life based on their earlier conversation.  Will the fact that she has now taken a life make her more agreeable to Chance's way of doing things?

I think they're developing some kind of relationship there beyond just the business one.  They're so completely opposite it will be interesting to see if they both can find some kind of middle ground.  As for Ames, I liked her from the first time she appeared, but they need to find more things for her to do besides being the female distraction and use her skills as a thief would be one of them.

Crawdaddy

#17 of 57 OFFLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,146 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted January 09 2011 - 12:34 PM

Pucci = http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Originally Posted by dmiller68 

I thought they did a great job this season of developing the show. I Given the last couple year it is probably one of the best shows produced recently.

I hate this season. i quit after this weak double feature.

Everything this season is standard by the numbers typical action show.

Chance getting a paycheck, ugh no thanks.

facebook.com/whotony

#18 of 57 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Lead Actor

• 9,998 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted January 09 2011 - 01:00 PM

yeah, them turning this into 'it's a job' bit instead of people having to hunt for him to get his service gave it a completely wrong vibe.

trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#19 of 57 OFFLINE   dmiller68

dmiller68

Supporting Actor

• 667 posts

Posted January 09 2011 - 02:17 PM

I thought the show was very random last year... I thought the show just seem to have a better flow this year. I actually like the last two episodes as I thought it showed the stress of having a "foundation" owning a edgy company.

Equipment: Panasonic TC-P65VT25, Panasonic DMP-BDT100, Pioneer Elite SC-37, TiVo Premiere XL, Limited Edition MW3 XBOX 360s with Kinect, Apple TV
Speakers: Definitive Technology Mythos XTR60 (3), Definitive Technology Mythos XTR20BP (4), Definitive Technology SuperCube II

#20 of 57 OFFLINE   NeilO

NeilO

Screenwriter

• 2,606 posts

Posted January 12 2011 - 12:10 PM

For some reason at least in the first half hour they are showing Raising Hope instead of the Human Target tonight.  There is nothing about this on fox.com the last I looked.

Forum Nav Content I Follow