What's new

Cowboys and Aliens traier (1 Viewer)

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Awesome trailer. I'm very excited about this flick. Anything that's directed by Favreau, produced by Ron Howard and Spielberg and stars James Bond, Han Solo and Indiana Jones couldn't possibly suck, could it?

in2video2

Auditioning
Real Name
Leon Hutchinson
I have high hopes for Cowboys and Aliens, too. I was thinking the very same thing when I saw the trailer. With all that pedigree in front of and behind the camera could it possibly go wrong?

Claire Panke

Second Unit
Originally Posted by in2video2

I have high hopes for Cowboys and Aliens, too. I was thinking the very same thing when I saw the trailer. With all that pedigree in front of and behind the camera could it possibly go wrong?

Of course! But let's hope for the best.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Hmmm I hope it turns out good but the title might put people off going. Cowboys and Aliens? Is it based on a game or something, awful title.

Rhett_Y

Screenwriter
On another note, when they previewed this at Comic Con 09, Harrison Ford came out on stage and he received the longest ovation I have heard and probably one of the loudest too! It was freaking killer!

Ok, back on the track. I think it looks good and very interesting. I mean really, Aliens only visit and attack us during present day!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
This was fairly mediocre, and they wasted a solid premise in "Cowboys and Aliens", and just turned it into a big, loud mess. I'm still not sold on Favreau as a gifted director, more of a promotional PR guy who gets to direct as well. I give it 2 stars, or a grade of C.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I liked it. It could have been a little more inventive, but overall I think it hit the right notes. Craig and Ford.made it work.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I like the movie more than Patrick too. It could've been better, but overall I was very entertained as I thought, both, Ford and Craig did a very good job.

Crawdaddy

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
What an absurdly mediocre film.

You know, Hollywood just can't put out anything good

anymore -- especially when it comes from the minds of

people like Spielberg or J.J. Abrams.

Count Cowboys and Aliens and Super 8 as films I had

the highest expectations for, and greatly let down by both.

I'm going to be saving a lot of money on Blu-ray new

releases this year. There just isn't anything worth eventually owning.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Originally Posted by Ronald Epstein

I'm going to be saving a lot of money on Blu-ray new

releases this year. There just isn't anything worth eventually owning.

Well, I wouldn't say that. Do like I do, use the money you'd spend seeing films in the theater and use it to blind buy the Blu, you save money and you don't have to deal with people...and you'll own it, to even resell if you want.

I saw Sucker Punch in the theater this year on my dime, my dad paid for Pirates 4 because he wanted to see it. Myself, there's nothing coming out this year that will get me to go "out to the movies" again. It's just not worth the risk and there is no benefit to doing so.

As for a movie like this; it's set in the Old West, it's got Aliens...sold. That is all I need, and all I expect from Hollywood to deliver. Sounds like they did just that. Even watching the trailer one cannot seriously expect a great story, great acting or great dialogue. If you do, you're only fooling yourself. The trailer is very clear on what this film will give you.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Ron-P said:

there's nothing coming out this year that will get me to go "out to the movies" again.
I find that my interest in seeing new movies at the theater is fading. The quality seems different....I enjoyed Captain America and Harry Potter this weekend, but digital seems to have a washed out appearance, with very weak black levels. In an all-black scene at the theater, I find myself looking at just that--a glowing screen in a theater. With my home system, an all-black scene means I see nothing. Such a wonderful difference. I'd still like to see films in a revival theater, though.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Count me as another who thinks this is a complete mediocre film. It didn't have me constantly looking at my watch, but I was never especially entertained, either. A dodgy plot and too little exciting action made it average at best...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks