Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Hawaii Five-0 : Season 10

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

#1 of 8 OFFLINE   shadyguy

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted November 08 2010 - 11:56 AM

Decided to go ahead start a new thread for season 10, which was released October 2010,  instead of clogging up season 9 !

#2 of 8 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,398 posts

Posted November 08 2010 - 11:59 AM

S10 should be good set, because it will say fairwell to Chin Ho Kelly. I have pre-order my copy.

#3 of 8 OFFLINE   shadyguy

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted November 08 2010 - 03:07 PM

I just bought season 9 tonight and will wait till season 10 goes on sale. I read an article interview with Kam Fong about them killing off the Chin Ho character and he said he never understood why they did it. I say it must have been for a ratings boost !

#4 of 8 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,398 posts

Posted November 08 2010 - 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by shadyguy 

I just bought season 9 tonight and will wait till season 10 goes on sale.

I read an article interview with Kam Fong about them killing off the Chin Ho character and he said he never understood why they did it.

I say it must have been for a ratings boost !

I think they may have been going a different direction. It was 10 seasons for many of the cast member and they probably wanted to kick start the show. S11 when it comes out will be the last season for Danno and then S12 will have a new cast. The only member of the cast from start to finish was Jack Lord.

#5 of 8 OFFLINE   jim_falconer

jim_falconer

Supporting Actor

• 510 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 09:59 PM

Decided to go ahead start a new thread for season 10, which was released October 2010,  instead of clogging up season 9 !

Actually, Season 10 is being released on December 14th.

#6 of 8 OFFLINE   shadyguy

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted November 09 2010 - 11:43 PM

My mistake ! There are so many shows being released about this time, I get them all confused. We have The Fugitive, Perry Mason, Bonanza etc..!

#7 of 8 OFFLINE   shadyguy

shadyguy

Stunt Coordinator

• 170 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 06:11 AM

Noticed multiple reviews on Amazon.com that Season 10 is a horrible product relesed from CBS?Paramount, The audio and video both are horrible and looks like no clean up has been done at all ! Check out the fron and back cover, because it looks like it was done by a 4 year old. The pictures are all distorted, some are reversed and the main photo of Jack Lord on the front looks digitally enhanced and looks awful. I will not purchase this until it is fixed !!  

#8 of 8 OFFLINE   younger1968

younger1968

Screenwriter

• 2,398 posts

Posted January 08 2011 - 09:56 AM

Noticed multiple reviews on Amazon.com that Season 10 is a horrible product relesed from CBS?Paramount,

The audio and video both are horrible and looks like no clean up has been done at all !

Check out the fron and back cover, because it looks like it was done by a 4 year old. The pictures are all distorted, some are reversed and the main photo of Jack Lord on the front looks digitally enhanced and looks awful.

I will not purchase this until it is fixed !!  

Yeah, there was huge drop down in quality on this set compare to previous sets. I think they rush this set through when they could have taken more time, but it is was all marketing, especially with the new show. I hope the S11 and S12 do not have they same quality. I still will purchase the set, because i am huge fan of the show. However, i do prefer the show earlier on with the original cast of Kono, Kelly, Danno and McGarrett. Duke was fine, but Ben was not very good and new cast they pulled together for S12 was complete waste of time.

I have watch a few episodes and notice the picture quality being a little hazy. However, i just shook it off and just watch more for the content and accepted the faults with this set.