Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Megamind Review

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 of 2 OFFLINE   mattCR

mattCR

Executive Producer

• 10,228 posts
  • LocationOverland Park, KS

Posted November 06 2010 - 05:55 AM

I had struggled to with what to really say about Megamind.  It has some good moments.   But a lot of down moments, and it is not very easy to explain, as the storyline is somewhat of a jumble.  Almost as though part way through the script they went back with an eraser and changed things up. In the end, this is a mediocre film because it doesn't try to break any new ground.  In a lot of ways, this film is a knock-off Incredibles.. and it's a very poor attempt at following in those foot steps. This could be a rent on DVD/BD, and if you've got kids and need to see something this weekend, it fits.   But it's not a film I would think of as very memorable or very good. C-
trakt.tv

Ask Me about HTPC! (Threads in HTPC / PMs always responded to)

This signature is povided by MediaBrowser 3 Trakt Plugin: Media Browser 3

#2 of 2 ONLINE   Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun

Studio Mogul

• 38,088 posts

Posted November 06 2010 - 03:09 PM

I also found it remarkably bland and unnecessary.  I found it unnerving at how much Roxy resembled Alexis Bledel (if she had short hair). I give it 2 stars, or a grade of C.
"Jee-sus, it's like Iwo Jima out there" - Roger Sterling on "Mad Men"
Patcave | 2006 Films | 2007 Films | Flickr | Comic-Con 2012 | Dragon*Con 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users