What's new

Bad Experience With FoxConnect: Updated, Situation Resolved (1 Viewer)

Mark65

Grip
Real Name
Mark M
Hello,

I wanted to relate a very bad experience I had with FoxConnect this week. I also have a question at the end. In July I preordered the Alien Egg set and received the item on 10-28-10. The box that the egg itself came in was crushed, but the shipping box was undamaged, so it must have been sent buy them in this condition. After opening the set I find damage to the egg and the first two discs damaged and unplayable, it gets worse.

I called FoxConnect and spoke to Jeff. I asked if they could send me another set right away and was told they don't do that, so I needed to send the old set back. I also asked if they could simply replace the two damaged disc's? He stated he was unable to do that and I would have to return the entire set at my expense. I told him I felt they needed to cover the expense of shipping it back, since it was clearly sent out by them in this condition in the first place. I was told that I would need to pay for it, then they would compensate me after they get it back. Thought this was a little odd and I would have to think about it. Called back the next day to double check and make sure I wasn't misinformed, was told the same thing. I boxed everything back-up and sent it back at my cost. It took a week but they finally received it. I called them this morning to ask when the new Egg would be shipped and when they would reimburse me for the shipping cost?

Well this next answer shouldn't have surprised me, but was told buy Tessie there would be no reimbursement for the shipping costs and I was supposed to get a shipping label from them. I told her that Jeff stated to me that sending it back was my problem and this was there only procedure for returns. She said there was no evidence that I ever called before, to that I replied "Then why/how was I able to get a Return Authorization Number and the address to Fox Defectives in Torrance California"? She had no answer. I asked to speak to Jeff or her supervisor, I get a supervisor. I explained all of this again and she essentially said the same thing about me not calling before and no reimbursement (Fox policy). Again, I explained the above and further added the phone calls on there end are recorded, so there is proof I called. Was also told the new shipment would not be sent out for another 6 to 8 weeks, if there we any left.

At this point I'm finding all this very absurd! I then asked to speak to her boss. Shantell, who claimed to be the manager over the entire department, called me. I explained yet again, all of the above issues. I was hoping that at least this person would be more helpful, but it was not meant to be. She said that there was no evidence I had ever called before and there would not be any reimbursement. I asked her to review the phone logs and mentioned the Return Authorization Number I received. I asked if they could send a Blu-Ray movie to compensate for the shipping cost, they answer was no, they don't send out complimentary items. Then she began to tell me how her employees were all well trained and would never make that kind of mistake. I said to her well obviously they did or this situation would not be happening. She then said that I was not being truthful. I said I didn't appreciate being called a lier and this mess was due to there screw-up not mine. I asked her to please help me with this situation, that this is wrong, all I wanted was to get this set and enjoy it. She said she could not help me! Asked to speak to her boss, she said she was it. Told her everyone has a boss and I would like to speak to that person. She said no and hung up.

UPDATE:

I wanted to let everyone know about the outcome of my situation, regarding the above issues. After reading my post here, I was contacted yesterday (11-9-10) by Mr.Thomas Stilling, via telephone from Fox. I'm please to say that all of my concerns with Foxconnect were addressed and resolved to my satisfaction. Mr.Stilling was both apologetic and concerned about what had happened to me. I was informed that steps were already taken, to insure this doesn't happen to anyone else.

I really appreciated Mr.Stilling calling me by phone, as I'm sure he's a busy man, very nice guy btw. I'm now confident that anyone ordering from this department/website can do so without hesitation or concern. My Alien Egg Anthology Set, is now on it's way, with no problems. I should have it within the next two days. I again want to express my appreciation and thanks to Mr.Stilling but also to Home Theater Forum. Thank You All!

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Wow, what an awful experience. Don't think I'll be buying from FoxConnect any more.

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
I bought the Egg from Fox Connect and it came in good condition. Boy am I grateful it did. I won't be buying from them again.

I've read complaints about companies and thought often thought it was an unreasonable customer. That's not the case here. This looks like a company or department that is not counting on repeat business.

Mark65

Grip
Real Name
Mark M
I've had some minor problems with other companies in the past, but FoxConnect took it to all new level. My head is still spinning.

I'm hopeful someone from Fox will see this and get in contact. I have no interest in being rude or disrespectful in any way, It would be nice if this could be made right on my end but also, I want someone higher up to be aware of what is going on, so it doesn't continue or happen to anyone else. This seems to be happening to quite a few people, so its not just me.

That kind of treatment does no one any good them or there costumers. I simply cannot conduct business with them, unless there is some intervention. Having said that, I guess we'll see. Here's hoping.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
If I had known about this, I would've held off placing my own order (for some other titles) just yesterday. I didn't get any impression that their CS dept would be like that as I did contact them about a problem w/ receiving their promised 10%-off coupon for registering a week or so ago. However, it did seem like their CSRs might not know as much (or be as competent) as they should based on some small discrepancies I noticed in their emails to me -- they were nothing particularly alarming, so I didn't think much about them.

Anyway, hope this whole thing works out for you in the end, Mark. Do keep us updated on how this unfolds -- even as I cross my own fingers w/ my recent order. And a much belated welcome to the forum to you as well...

_Man_

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Thats terrible. hopefully Finn, will chime in and offer solution.

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick
Wow, thanks for sharing, Mental note made to never do business with a company (FoxConnect) that assumes the customer is out to get them.

Mark65

Grip
Real Name
Mark M
Just wanted to bump this thread up, to let everyone know of the update. Please see my original post. Thx!

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Great to hear everything's working out to your satisfaction, Mark.

After checking their site again, I'm looking forward to my own order arriving as well. Would be nice though if they sent out order confirmation and shipping emails -- maybe they will add that in the near future.

_Man_

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Originally Posted by Mark65

So this happened because Stilling read your post here on HTF? If so, nice to know he was checking out the forum.

BTW, In all your posts you came across as a reasonable person. I'm sure that helped your cause when he read the posts.

Adam Gregorich

What to watch tonight?
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell

So this happened because Stilling read your post here on HTF? If so, nice to know he was checking out the forum.

BTW, In all your posts you came across as a reasonable person. I'm sure that helped your cause when he read the posts.

I had the pleasure of meeting Thomas at the Fox booth at Comic-Con. He was a very nice and he and my credit card had several interactions as I kept buying more stuff! Reaching out to you shows what kind of person he is and how Fox cares about their customers. I also agree with Johnny that being reasonable and trying to work through proper channels before taking your complaint public was the way to go. I have updated the thread title to reflect that the issue was resolved.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks