Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo

SPHE Press Release: Resident Evil: Afterlife (Blu-ray) (3D Blu-ray)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

#1 of 18 OFFLINE   Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein

Studio Mogul

• 40,555 posts

Posted November 02 2010 - 10:18 AM

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Resident Evil: Afterlife ultimately delivers what fans of the series crave: plenty of unbridled zombie-killin' action.”

– Jim Vejvoda, IGN

"Jaw dropping - heart pounding - relentless action!"

- Mark S. Allen / CBS - CW TV & Reelz Channel

"Resident Evil: Afterlife is filled with lots of eye-popping special effects.  This is what 3D is supposed to look like."

- Brooks Parsons, Hollywood News Report

Prepare to Wipe Down Your Blood-Soaked Living Room When

RESIDENT EVIL: AFTERLIFE

Debuts on DVD, Blu-ray™ & Blu-ray 3D™ Dec. 28th

Starring Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter and Wentworth Miller

Armed with Eight Deleted Scenes, Seven Featurettes, and a

Teaser Trailer for the all-new CG-animated ‘Resident Evil: Damnation’

http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/http://static.hometh...um.com/imgrepo/

Culver City, Calif. (Nov. 1, 2010)  On December 28th Sony Pictures Home Entertainment will unleash the deadly T-virus into homes everywhere when Resident Evil: Afterlife explodes onto Blu-ray 3D, Blu-ray and DVD. The Blu-ray 3D will flood veins with adrenaline and kick viewers into survival mode in 1080p high definition 3D, optimized for the latest 3D playback devices and eyewear, but also including a backwards-compatible 2D version of the film that plays on all existing Blu-ray players. For those who prefer their zombies safely in two dimensions, Resident Evil: Afterlife will also be offered on 2D Blu-ray and DVD the same day.

Based on one of the most successful video game franchises of all time, Resident Evil: Afterlife opens with Alice (Milla Jovovich,Resident Evil, The Fifth Element) on a lonely and dangerous hunt for survivors in a decimated world crawling with the UndeadOn her quest for the alleged safe-haven “Arcadia,” she finds survivors Claire and Chris Redfield (Ali Larter, “Heroes”, Resident Evil: Extinctionand Wentworth Miller, “Prison Break”, Underworld), and the smoldering trio heats up the screen as they ravenously set their sights on taking down the evil Chairman of the Umbrella Corporation, Albert Wesker (Shawn Roberts, Edge of Darkness) and hordes of the Undead along the way.

When the bloodshed is over and the credits roll, be warned that the Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D live on with horror-filled special features, including eight deleted scenes, seven featurettes, an “Undead Vision” Picture-in-Picture Video, filmmaker and cast commentary, a blooper reel and movieIQ+sync®, which allows users to access real time information on the cast, music, trivia and more while watching the movie via BD-Live. The DVD release offers filmmaker and cast commentary and two featurettes.

Also included on both the DVD and the Blu-ray editions of Resident Evil: Afterlife is a teaser trailer for an all-new CG-animated installment in the Resident Evil franchise, Resident Evil: Damnation.

Resident Evil: Afterlife will be available for the SRP of $34.95 (Blu-ray), $39.95 (Blu-ray 3D) and $28.95 (DVD).

Resident Evil: Afterlife Synopsis

In a world ravaged by a virus infection, turning its victims into the Undead, Alice continues on her journey to find survivors and lead them to safety. Her deadly battle with the Umbrella Corporation reaches new heights, but Alice gets some unexpected help from an old friend. A new lead that promises a safe haven from the Undead takes them to Los Angeles, but when they arrive the city is overrun by thousands of Undead – and Alice and her comrades are about to step into a deadly trap.

Directed and written by Paul W.S. Anderson (Resident Evil), Resident Evil: Afterlife stars Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, and Wentworth Miller. Resident Evil: Afterlife was executive produced by Martin Moszkowicz (Resident Evil: Extinction) and Victor Hadida (Resident Evil: Apocalypse, The Black Dahlia).

2D Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D Special Features

·         Sneak Peek of Resident Evil: Damnation

·         movieIQ+sync

·         “Undead Vision” Picture-in-Picture Video

·         Filmmaker Commentary

·         Eight Deleted Scenes

·         Outtakes

·         Seven Featurettes

o        Back Under the Umbrella: Directing Afterlife

o        Band of Survivors: Casting Afterlife

o        Undead Dimension: Resident Evil in 3D

o        Fighting Back: The Action of Afterlife

o        Vision of the Apocalypse: The Design of Afterlife

o        New Blood: The Undead of Afterlife

o        Pwning the Undead: Gamers of the Afterlife

DVD Special Features

·         Sneak Peek of Resident Evil: Damnation

·         Filmmaker Commentary

·         Two Featurettes

o        Band of Survivors: Casting Afterlife

o        Fighting Back: The Action of Afterlife

Resident Evil: Afterlife has a running time of 97 minutes. The picture is Rated R for sequences of strong violence and language. Visit Sony Home Entertainment on the Web atwww.SonyPictures.com.

Resident Evil

3D BD Catalog #: 36600

2D BD Catalog #: 36597

DVD Catalog #: 36601

3D BD UPC Code: 043396366008

2D BD UPC Code: 043396365971

DVD UPC Code: 043396366015

3D BD SRP: $39.95

2D BD SRP: $34.95

DVD SRP: $28.95

Ronald J Epstein
Home Theater Forum co-owner

Click Here for the latest/hottest Blu-ray Preorders  Click Here for our complete Blu-ray review archive

Click Here for our complete 3D Blu-ray review archive Click Here for our complete DVD review archive

Click Here for Blu-Ray Preorder Release Schedule  Click Here for forum posting rules and regulations

#2 of 18 OFFLINE   SVTStingRay

SVTStingRay

Stunt Coordinator

• 100 posts

Posted December 23 2010 - 09:08 AM

bought the bluray at a bradenton walmart, looks like they got released early.

#3 of 18 OFFLINE   Dave Moritz

Dave Moritz

Producer

• 3,367 posts

Posted December 25 2010 - 05:24 PM

Wish I had a 3D HDTV and 3D bluray player.  Does the 3D version have a 2D disc as well or is it actually a seperate purchase?  I wouldn't mind spending a little more to have the 2D version now and the 3D version for later if I can upgrade to 3D!

Supporter of 1080p & 4K video / Supporter of Lossless PCM, Dolby True HD and DTS HD Master Audio / Say No To MP3 & WMA / Say no to Bose & LG!

#4 of 18 OFFLINE   James_Garner

James_Garner

Stunt Coordinator

• 121 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 03:46 AM

Does the 3D version have a 2D disc as well ??

Yes, All of Sony's Blu-ray 3D titles (with the exception of the World Cup Soccer movie) have both the 3D & 2D versions on the same disc.When you select "Play Movie," there will be a little pop-up asking you which version you wish to view.  Also, The covers of the Sony titles are see-through, turning the back page of the insert into the "background" of the 3D cover. A very nice touch on Sony's part.

#5 of 18 OFFLINE   Ron-P

Ron-P

Producer

• 6,283 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 12:46 PM

Saw this in the theater, loved it. Looking forward to picking this up on Tuesday.

You have all the weapons you need...Now fight!

#6 of 18 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted December 26 2010 - 03:50 PM

I want to buy this the day of its release but I think I need to wait to hear whether the picture quality of the 2D version is superior to the 2D version included on the 3D release.

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#7 of 18 ONLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 27 2010 - 08:07 AM

2d pq looks very good to me.

Most of the first 2 thirds is really dark and I don't see anything bad in the quality.

Only thing I see that is bad is the movie, pretty much a bore until around the last 20 minutes or so.

facebook.com/whotony

#8 of 18 OFFLINE   peterjanni

peterjanni

Extra

• 23 posts

Posted December 27 2010 - 05:05 PM

I've had a chance to watch the 3d version of the film in its entirety and a portion of the 2d film.  The 3d version is the one to watch.  Contrast and black levels are much stronger in 3d.  2d the film just doesn't impress in the visual department.  Looks somewhat washed out, not much pop.

If it wasn't for the 3d elements in the film, I would've shut the film off.  For a film that's supposed to be of the survival horror genre, there's not a single scary moment, even with the 3d.  Basically, I felt this was more of a full length 3d tech demo than an actual movie

#9 of 18 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted December 28 2010 - 01:18 PM

Well the film was given a sort of sepia color scheme to convey that this is the post-civilization world. Not so much tinted sepia, just most colors have been removed.

I agree the film is not scary, but I'm not sure that is a bad thing. The zombies are the enemy, but at this point anyone who is still alive manages to keep their fear under control. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be the survivors.

I was surprised someone liked the last 20 minutes. I've seen lots of criticism about the last act. I liked the first act the best, myself.

"Scientists are saying the future is going to be far more futuristic than they originally predicted." -Krysta Now

#10 of 18 ONLINE   TonyD

TonyD

Executive Producer

• 16,240 posts
  • LocationDisney World and Universal Florida

Posted December 28 2010 - 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Will_B 

Well the film was given a sort of sepia color scheme to convey that this is the post-civilization world. Not so much tinted sepia, just most colors have been removed.

I agree the film is not scary, but I'm not sure that is a bad thing. The zombies are the enemy, but at this point anyone who is still alive manages to keep their fear under control. If they couldn't, they wouldn't be the survivors.

I was surprised someone liked the last 20 minutes. I've seen lots of criticism about the last act. I liked the first act the best, myself.

I posted that before I watched the last 20 minutes so I take it back the entire movie was a bore.

facebook.com/whotony

#11 of 18 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted December 29 2010 - 03:45 AM

Wanker.

#12 of 18 OFFLINE   Jeff Cooper

Jeff Cooper

Screenwriter

• 1,268 posts

Posted December 30 2010 - 11:13 AM

I saw it last night and enjoyed it; I have a question though:

Who is the woman in the mid end-credit sequence supposed to be?  Are we even supposed to know?  I am familiar with the video games up through Resident Evil 4, and still didn't recognize her.  I also saw Jill Valentine in the credits, but don't remember her in the movie.  Is this supposed to be her?  If so, is it the same actress that played her in part 2?

-Jeff Cooper

"Curse you inspector Dim! You are too clever for us naughty people."

#13 of 18 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted December 30 2010 - 11:21 AM

Jeff -- Different actress, same character.

#14 of 18 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted December 30 2010 - 11:26 AM

Ooh, there's a $5 coupon for SALT inside the BluRay of RE:A!

Expires in only 3 months, but, good if you're quick.

It says "may not be combined with any other offer or discount", so it MIGHT not work during sales. No doubt different retailers will interpret it in their own way.

#15 of 18 OFFLINE   AppleSpider

AppleSpider

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted December 31 2010 - 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by Will_B 

Jeff -- Different actress, same character.

actually it's the same actress, just a different look to her. Sienna Guillory playing Jill Valentine, in both films.

#16 of 18 OFFLINE   Yumbo

Yumbo

Screenwriter

• 2,243 posts

Posted January 04 2011 - 06:19 PM

The 3D version couldn't play in 3D (2D was ok) on the Panasonic player. Worked fine in 3D on the PS3.

#17 of 18 OFFLINE   AppleSpider

AppleSpider

Agent

• 36 posts

Posted January 06 2011 - 01:30 PM

By the way for PS3 users when you have the Resident Evil: Afterlife Blu-ray disc in your PS3, but not playing, you can go into the Game section of the XMB and a Resdent Evil: Afterlife PS3 Theme is available for installing. This also applies to the Salt Blu-ray, in that it has a Salt PS3 Theme available for installing. Not all Sony discs are currently doing this, but some are, so you might want to check any new Sony Blu-rays you get to see if they include PS3 themes on them.

#18 of 18 OFFLINE   Will_B

Will_B

Producer

• 4,733 posts

Posted January 07 2011 - 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by AppleSpider 

By the way for PS3 users when you have the Resident Evil: Afterlife Blu-ray disc in your PS3, but not playing, you can go into the Game section of the XMB and a Resdent Evil: Afterlife PS3 Theme is available for installing. This also applies to the Salt Blu-ray, in that it has a Salt PS3 Theme available for installing. Not all Sony discs are currently doing this, but some are, so you might want to check any new Sony Blu-rays you get to see if they include PS3 themes on them.

Thanks for the tip!

It is largely just a wallpaper, of Milla firing the guns while doing a Trinity out a window (the cover art of the BluRay). But still nice to have -- I haven't installed any other wallpapers for my PS3 but this reminds me that I could!