Signing up for an account is fast and free. As a member you can join in the conversation, enter contests and remove the pop-up ads that guests get. Click here to create your free account.

Photo
- - - - -

Improving the 'look' of the room and the best bang for the buck

• You cannot start a new topic
  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 of 3 OFFLINE   Polidori

Polidori

Auditioning

• 1 posts

Posted November 02 2010 - 07:25 AM

First post to this wonderful forum. All of my hardware has been installed (Epson 8500, Dalite Cinema Contour 106", etc) in my freshly painted (dark eggplant with dark grey ceiling) basement, but the room needs more ... something.   The screen looks lonely hanging on the wall all by itself and the room just needs more life.  If I wanted to add a little pizazz but can't foot the bill for huge columns and woodwork or any other wallet busting projects, then should I add sconces the wall on each side of the screen, hang curtains next to the the screen, hang a valance, etc?  There's gotta be a somewhat economical way to add some sparkle without resorting to cheap theater themed wall decor or spending thousands.        Any ideas?

#2 of 3 OFFLINE   Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie

• 4,262 posts
  • LocationNorth of the 49th

Posted November 02 2010 - 08:08 AM

I like all three of your ideas. How's the room for soundproofing and/or deadening? You might want to consider sound panels, or for a sweet retro look, heavy curtains on the walls.
"My opinion is that (a) anyone who actually works in a video store and does not understand letterboxing has given up on life, and (b) any customer who prefers to have the sides of a movie hacked off should not be licensed to operate a video player."-- Roger Ebert

#3 of 3 OFFLINE   t1mberwolf

t1mberwolf

Auditioning

• 14 posts

Posted November 02 2010 - 09:32 AM

Post some pic's and i'm sure you'll get some great ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users